Walking On Sunshine

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Anna’s POV

I set down a plate of eggs and bacon on the table and looked around.

That’s pretty much enough right? I thought. My wolf gave a low yip making me smile.

“Good.” I said.

“That’s an understatement.” I turned and saw Cam by the door staring at the feast that I asked the cook to prepare.

I laughed, “Yeah, well, you have to see how the lot eats.”

“You seem to be forgetting that I cooked for the lot.” She laughs as she pushed herself away from the wall and turned to the hall. “Breakfast!”

I shook my head, amused. It was just like when we were younger, everyone was in Cam’s beck and call. Especially if it has something to do with food.

Since they arrived a month ago, I would admit that the house has been more lively and probably more happy, though it would creak and groan from all the rough housing of the kids, well, it’s an old house. Go figure.

“Good morning!” Aaron chirped as he walked into the room toward Cam, giving her a kiss on the cheek then toward me. He placed a kiss on my forehead like they have done hundreds of times.

“You’re up early.” I said.

“Yeah, well, Ximm’s out…” he sighed, “again.”

I shrugged and moved toward him, “You called Liam?”

“Yeah, but I was hoping he’d be here by now.” he said, “Siam wasn’t at all impressed of last night’s fight.”

“I know, I just thought that it was just another one of their spat.”

“Well, it is.” Aaron says putting an arm over my shoulder and gave my arm a light squeeze. “But it’s all cool, Liam spoke to him, they’re on their way back.”

I nodded and he gave me another reassuring smile before walking toward his usual chair.

“I guess that’s why Jake was out as well?” Cam shrugged and sat on her usual as well.

“Out?” I turned to her, “Siam was here the whole night.”

“But he said…” she turned to Aaron who looked away and started stuffing his mouth with every food he can in his mouth.

And that’s exactly how the kids caught us.

“Uncle A, you are as adorable as ever, but a stuffed mouth isn’t a good look for you.” Jasmine says, then she smiled around, “Good morning.”

“You weren’t in your room last night.” Cam says, “Where were you?”

“Out.” she simply says as she sits beside her mother, she was a spitting image of her dad, but she was all Cam inside. “You don’t expect me to lock myself up here, right?”

“Well, I was sort of hoping that you would, cause that’s the whole point of security.” Cam shook her head, “I swear, you are just like your dad.”

“I guess we know where I got it from then…” she mumbles.

I grinned and even Cam smiled.

“Your dad still isn’t impressed with that stunt you pulled.” Aaron says.

“Yeah, well, how would I know he’d find out about those kinds of things when I barely see him?” she whines, as she tore a piece of bread in two. “Beside, he’s rarely impressed by anything else aside from mom’s vital statistics.”