When I Look At You

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Title from Miley Cyrus

Ken’s POV

I look outside the window, staring at the street where we grew up in.

Everyone was in their room packing their stuff. I have taken my bag from the house I lived in with my fake parents, who Aunt Serenity had invited over to thank for everything they did for me. I didn’t know why she did that but she did, and it made me feel welcomed-

“I don’t get it, there is a sea nearby, why do we have to drive for a day to get to another ocean?” Miranda asked, breaking into my thoughts, pointing at the map that Uncle Eric and Uncle Cole had been hovering over not less than an hour ago.

I sighed, “Cause, I’d rather we be in familiar waters than anywhere.”

“Little brother, we’re familiar with all water…”

“I’m not taking any chances.” I shook my head.

I was taking into consideration every living being underneath every type of water form around the road we would be taking going to the Wolf kingdom.

Not that I don’t trust the water beings, but I also know how much I’m not supposed to know about them in the first place.

I’m not even supposed to be alive.

“Ken?” I turned to see Fate step into the room, tired and worried.

“Hey, I thought I told you to get some rest?” I said walking up to her.

“Mom says we’re leaving tonight.” She frowned.

I ran my thumb at the end of her lips, wanting to change that frown but I knew better.

“Yeah, Gary says there were sightings of vampires on a nearby pack…” I said.

“Will we be able to make it?” she asks.

“We’re pretty sure they’ll be able to catch on us.” I said, “But we’re hoping that we’ll be near a lake or the ocean by that time.”

“And if we’re not?”

I took both her hands and wrapped it between my hands, “We’ll just keep going.”

I caught her swallow a lump on her throat before she gave a doubtful nod.

“Oh, man I don’t think I can eat another bite.” Chance groaned as he stepped into the room zipping up his jacket.

I chuckled and pulled Fate under my arm and tucked her safely beside me. “You finished up the whole tray that your mom sent you?”

“Yup.” He grins, “Delicious as usual… got to love her baby back, right?”

Fate chuckled and shook her head, “You’ll have to find a way to run that off.”

“I will…” he nods, “When we reach home.”

“Ok! We’re all packed up and ready to go!” we all heard Adrian clapping at the main hall.

The three of us exchanged looks then look around the room.

The very room where we use to spend the whole day playing around or watching movies with Aunt Serenity and Uncle Eric.

“I’m not sure if I’m going to miss this place.” Fate says.

“I think I’ll miss the house.” Chance nods as he runs his hand over the bookshelves; which use to be filled of encyclopedias, albums and picture frames. “I won’t miss the people or the place, but I will sure miss this house.”