~Again~

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Title from Bruno Mars

Eric’s POV

I looked around the familiar halls of the local high school where Serenity and I finished our Senior Year.

The halls where I found out of Serenity’s pregnancy; and the same exact walls where we hid our children.

Some protection. I thought. Remembering why I was here in the first place.

Students I came across to stepped aside, quivering.

Even humans feel an Alpha’s rage. To make it worse Serenity was fuming and I can’t stop her, not with me equally pissed.

I can feel her anger and her mind was on one thing- Chance.

That night couldn’t have been any worse. I’d choose to take on vampires and hunters any day than see my son broken.

I sat on our bed, reading and thankful for the peace of our house, I can’t say the same thing for my wife though.

“Love, you’re going to wear yourself out worrying about nothing.”

“I know, I know… there’s just…” She sighed. “It’s probably nothing.”

I grinned, “Chance will be getting his wolf soon, maybe the connection is starting to be molded.”

“Yeah, maybe…” she lied back down and stared at the ceiling, “Now I know what mom and dad felt whenever I would escape the guards back then.”

I stifled a laugh, “It’s just a party, not their first I might add.”

She groaned and hid her face on the pillow, “I knowwwwwww…”

“I’m not saying not to worry, cause I’d be lying if I say I’m not.” I said.

She peeked from behind the pillow and grinned, “Your just worried of Hope’s date.”

“Damn right I am.” I said leaning back on our headboard.

“Well,” Serenity sat up and took my hand, “Fate and Chance won’t let anything happened to her.”

“I know,” I sighed, “it just makes me realize that they’re growing up too fast.”

“We’ve been there love, and we promised that we won’t let them go through what we did.” She reminded me.

“And they won’t.” I reassured her, “Just not so soon.”

She smiled and rested her head on my shoulder, and we sat there savoring the silence until my cell phone rang.

I checked the screen, I rolled my eyes seeing who was calling. “Yes doctor?”

“Are you with Serenity?” she asks.

I glanced beside me, Serenity glanced my way as well an eyebrow up, what’s up?

“Yeah…” I shrugged telling Serenity I don’t know either. “What’s up? You ok?”

“I am, but I need you to keep Serenity in the room.”

“Oh-kay..?” I raised a brow, amusement and worry mixing.