Something Evil

Ximm’s POV

I watch as Chance made his way out of the dining hall, all eyes on him, even his sister’s.

Well, I can’t really blame him. His sister was almost mauled and Hope was in coma. It’s unbelievable how he still hasn’t shifted up to now.

“I’ve never seen him this angry.” I hear Fate say.

“He’s angry?”

She nodded, “He was calm but his words…” she shook her head and glanced at Ken.

“I’ll talk to him.” Ken nodded.

“Your parents are still here, aren’t they?” Jasmine asked. “Why not let them talk to him.”

“The only one who’d be able to calm him right now is Hope or Fate.” Ken says. “His mom and dad would probably just watch him from afar.”

“What?” I asked.

“Well, you have to understand, he is an alpha.” Ken points out, “They needed to teach him to be one when we were growing up, so they let him do his thing and learn from his mistakes.”

“And just how many people did he kill before you got here?” I asked, annoyed.

“My brother is not like that.” Fate snapped. “He is protective for a reason but he will never hurt anyone like that.”

“He gave you the freedom to hurt Gina.”

“But I didn’t.” Fate glared at me. “I know better, I won’t embarrass my family.”

“After that scene your brother pulled?” Sylver says under his breath, and hissed.

Fate glared at him as well causing me to sit up. If his brother was protective, he hasn’t seen me yet.

To my surprise she chuckled and moved her cold stare at me.

“Funny how you are always so guarded when it comes to us, cousin.” She says. “You do understand the concept of family, don’t you?”

I frowned and returned her glare.

“If it was up to me, I would have never come here.” she said, “I would persuade my mom that none of you are worth saving, but that would be unfair for those who actually are worth it.”

With that said she left with Ken and Aiden behind her.

“Seriously…” Tam shrugged, “can’t we just have a quiet dinner?”

“It’s those Johansens who started it.”

“Well, you can’t really blame them.” Jasmine shrugged, “They were told that they were safe here, and so far, it hasn’t been that way.”

“They are safe if they don’t attract attention.”

“Oh, yeah, blame them and their blood.” Tam rolled her eyes, “Maybe I should also blame yours for being so territorial with them.” she tossed her table napkin on the table and stood up, “Excuse me.”

I shrugged and watch her leave, we haven’t spoken for days, and this is the longest time since we have had a fight as serious as this.

“Step down, Ximm.” Ash says.

“What?” I snapped.

“If you want to fix this with you and Tam, step down of your high horse and listen to what she is saying.” Ash said.

“I am listening-“

“I know, but do you understand what she’s trying to tell you?”

I was about to retaliate when I found I had no answer to that. He was right, I was not seeing eye to eye with her.