Long Day

Serenity’s POV

 “Well I can’t say I didn’t miss this.”

I grinned hearing Jean whine, sitting on a stool by the breakfast bar behind me. “Yeah, well, you didn’t miss much, really.”

“Not what I was told.” She mumbled.

I looked over my shoulder and raised a brow, “If it’s Hope-“

“Nope.” She said with a light shake of her head and popping sound.

This time I turned to face her, giving her my full attention and crossing my arms.

“Not that I don’t trust Chance but, I’m expecting him to be out of Hope’s room by the end of the day.”

I sighed, “I already tried and begged, I asked him if he wanted to go to the beach he said no, and pretty much gave me the same response to every place I offered.”

“You know he’s supposed to be in the dungeon, they both are supposed to be in the dungeon.”

I frowned and looked away, “As much as I would want to…” I whispered, remembering the scene Chance and Ximm made the day we arrived. “Anyway, he has an amazing control of his wolf, Siam said so himself.”

“Amazing it may be, I still don’t like it.”

“I do hope you aren’t talking about us.”

Cole, Eric and Adrian stepped into the room. Cole stood behind Jean, wrapping his arms around her making her smile and lean back.

“I wish…” she grinned up at him, while entwining her fingers with her mate.

I smiled as I watched them finally let fate have its way. From the moment Jean woke up early in the morning and checked on Hope, while Cole had been beside Jean not wanting to be away from her again.

“Love she’ll be fine.” I remember Cole begging earlier to get Jean back in their room to rest.

“No, I’m fine, it’s our daughter whose in a coma!” she snapped, tightening her hold on Hope’s hand.

“Jean calm down, this isn’t good for you.” Eric added, “Everything has been taken care of, the kids who did this are already being punished as we speak, so all we can ask for is for you to fully heal and for Hope to wake up.”

“Hopefully for the celebration.” Adrian added.

“I’m not that good you guys…”

“You aren’t.” Fate says, “Cause you are amazing.”

“That’s what you use to tell us when we were younger.” Chance says, “Whenever you would treat Hope, you’ll tell us you aren’t that good- cause you are amazing aunt Jean.”

“And Hope knows that too.” Ken agrees.

I chuckled remembering Jean’s face turning all red with all the compliments she was getting.

“What’s funny?” Eric asks, wrapping me in his arms.

“Nothing,” I smiled, “anyway, I believe we have kids to wake up?”

“And everything is in order?” Adrian asks.

“Yes,” Jean and I said, picking up the plates of banana pancakes, one each for the twins.

“They’re still in Hope’s room?” I asked.

“Yes, they fell asleep there last night.” Cole says giving Eric a smile, making me wonder why.