Gravity

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Title from John Mayer

Aaron’s POV

I sighed as I sit by the window in a room lit by the moon as I stared at Gelya’s sleeping figure.

It’s been months since she has been able to get out of the house where we kept her hidden and now she’s back here, safe beside me.

I still haven’t grown use to the sight of her, she still takes my breath away, just like my son.

I sighed and shook my head, thinking of the events the past days.

It’s too much to handle.

“You ok?”

I turned and saw Gelya sitting up.

I smiled and walked to her, “Yeah, did I wake you up?”

She smiled, relieved, then she shook her head. “I’m hungry.”

I chuckled, “I still can’t believe that even as a vampire you get hungry.”

Half vampire.” She corrected.

“Well, half one, what would you want to eat?”

“Well…”

I gave her a look, I know her well enough. “You thirsty?” she nodded, “You have a bag with you?”

“I drank the last one on the way here.”

I nodded and start to pull back my sleeve on my right arm and rolled it up to my elbow.

“No Aaron-“

“Yes.” I said. “I haven’t restocked for you yet. And I don’t want you looking so weak, you know that.”

“But-“

“Baby, it isn’t the first, nor would it be the last.” She gave me that look, the one I hate so much, cause it means she’s apologizing, apologizing for something that is out of her control. “Please love, for me…” I begged.

She stared at my wrist and then back at me.

“It would be just like the first time you did it, you have perfect control.” I said sitting beside her then pulled her to my lap. “Besides, wolf’s blood makes you better than human blood.” She still hesitated so I smirked, “It’s either that or you just really love the taste of me.”

She chuckled and gave me a light whack on the chest.

“See? My presence alone makes you stronger.” I teased her, this time she just gave me a look. “Gelya, it’s fine, I trust you.”

She sighed and took my hand. She lightly ran her hand down my arm. As if she was scared that that mere action can hurt me, as she raised my arm up to her lips I remembered the first time I gave her my blood.

 It has been half a year since Jean, Serenity and Eric had left and everyone still thinks that I was sulking.

Well, I was often thinking of Jean still, but I was back to normal- almost, and it was all thanks to Gelya.

She was patient and would listen to every story or rant that I’d have, often times she’ll tell a story of her own and with that I learned to get know her. I found out that she had a brother when she was a shifter. Her father was the beta that was why she was highly acquainted with the princess.