Young Volcanoes (Teaser)

"Are you okay?"

Hope looks over her shoulder and sees Jasmine by the door.

"Yes," Hope nods, "can I help you?"

Jasmine laughs, "It should be the other way around."

"What do you mean?"

"Like Ximm said, your brother left you under our care." She says, "I don't know if you trust us enough for that, but at least let us try."

"I'm fine." Hope reassures her.

"For now, yes." Jasmine agrees, "But it's your birthday soon, isn't it?"

Hope gives her a questioned look.

"Your scent is changing." Jasmine pointed out, sitting beside her. "With or without your wolf I'm sure it's obvious to everyone that your scent is changing. Soon enough you' be hounded by those unmated wolves, literally."

Hope then reached for the necklace Chance had given her and held it in her hand.

"I'll be fine." She says.

Jasmine smiles hearing the defiance in her voice.

"I don't doubt that for a minute." Jasmine nods, "Us weres always had ways to protect our mate even when we're far apart, and you being protected by the deity's son, that's not something to laugh about."

Hope's eyes widened, hearing what Jasmine was insinuating. No one had ever laid it so straight about her and Chance, not even them.

"But don't forget that we still have our human urges." Jasmine pointed out, "Werewolves are just as territorial and power hungry as any other being. So your heart may be protected by that amulet, but those maniacs outside wouldn't hold themselves back to forcing you into anything."

"Forcing..."

Jasmine nods, "Everyone thinks that being an alpha's daughter is all fairy tale like, if they only know how harsh and small other wolves sees us." Looking away, she shook her head her eyes darkened with disgust. "All we are to our male specie is a means to an end, a step up in the food chain."

Hope turns to Jasmine and for the first time, she gave her a peek behind the outspoken alpha shewolf that she is. Jasmine caught the pity look on Hope and laughed.

"Don't look at me like that." Jasmine says, "It's not like I was assaulted or anything. I'm too badass for that, don't you think?"

Hope swallowed her nerves and asks, "What are you..."

Jasmine sighed, "As soon as we're locked in that school, all pretences are shredded and like the dogs that we are, boys pees all over what they think belong to them. I could fight back, I have my wolf with me too. But you, you rely on others to protect you. I'm sure your parents and even Aunt Serenity will kill for you, without doubt, but they aren't here."

Hope frowns, she was seen as weak again. This time she has nothing to retaliate. She is physically weak, she is unable to protect herself, she will be overpowered and forced on her knees if needed.

"Why are you doing this? Aren't we the ones causing all these problems?"

"Because I want to believe that if the time comes that Ashton is in trouble, someone would do the right thing and protect him too, to overlook his breed."

Ashton? Hope wondered.

Soon enough everything fell into place, why Jasmine was always by his side, why Ashton protects her from other wolves knowing he was outnumbered.

Jasmine gave her a sad smile. "Normally, it's the male who first finds out of the connection. But I guess I wasn't as fortunate, neither was Aunt Lana. I always wondered how Uncle Aaron does it, you know, loving someone who doesn't know that she is his mate."

"You can trust me, Hope to keep you safe from our kind. So don't worry about what's outside that door, just worry about Chance making it back home." Jasmine reached for Hope's free hand, "To me, for my mate, you are the personification of your name."

You can read the rest if the rest of this chapter for FREE and with NO ADVERTS on Inkitt here:

https://inkitt.app.link/RA_triszjhkha

Scroll down to the bottom of this chapter and click on the External Link.

The Link is also Listed on the bio of my Wattpad profile.

Inkitt is a completely free website. Every author on the Inkitt website has the chance to get professionally published, and I am one of the very few who gets paid for writing on Inkitt. :D

So it would really mean a lot to me if you continued reading this story on Inkitt. Thank you so much!