~Crawl~

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Title from Chris Brown

Cole’s POV

I stood outside the hospital of where Jean was supposed to be working. It has been five hours since she stepped inside, and it took all my control not to barged into the doors and take her away, especially after seeing her with two young crying girls.

She ushered them out of the hospital and no doubt told them to go home.

I stayed outside the hospital waiting for her to step out and it’s almost sun down.

But my hours of waiting seemed to be paying off as I shrugged and looked outside my passenger window and caught one of the girls walked pass my car. This time she was alone, but instead of walking up to the hospital she stood at the corner across the hospital, just a few meters from where I was. She sat down on a rock that was set on the corner underneath a tree and faced the hospital, never looking away; it was like if she blinked the hospital would disappear.

I watched her stare at the hospital for about half an hour, running her hand over her arms, shivering from where I can see her. But she stayed there not moving.

No longer able to fight the urge of just staring, I grabbed a blanket from the back seat and stepped out of the car.

I threw away my cigarette before walking up to her, I didn’t want to scare her, you get all sorts of vices if you are traveling alone. But I’m pretty sure I’ll stop when Jean tells me to, she probably wouldn’t need to ask.

With every step nearer to the girl, I noticed how she looked very familiar, even her scent was familiar. When I was just a foot away I reached out to offer her the blanket, she sat up and looked up at me, then at the blanket, then back at me.

“I’m waiting for someone too,” I said, “I saw you shivering from my car. So here…”

“Uhm, thank you but-“

“It’s clean, don’t worry.” I grinned, “No drugs, no bugs, it’s fresh out from a newly laundered bag.”

“Well, thank you…” she says taking the blanket and opening it up before wrapping herself in it.

I gestured to the ground beside her, “May I?” she gave me another look before she nodded and I sat beside her. “Thank you.”

We both stared at the hospital in silence, and I would often steal glances at her still trying to figure out who she was.

“So…” I was not one to start conversations but this girl made me want to know her. I took in her scent, there was a sweet distinctive smell on her, one that I would love to put in a bottle. If she was a shifter, it was too early to tell. “It’s either you are also waiting for someone or you are scared of hospitals.”

No answer, making me shrugged. I guess she’s also not into making conversation. I was about to get on my feet to leave her in peace when she broke the silence.

“My brother…” she said in a whisper. “He was in an accident a week ago, and we rushed him to the hospital last Friday.”

“He had his accident last week yet you put him on the hospital a few days after?”

“Yeah, well, my aunt’s a doctor.” She explained, “And my dad has this sort of private hospital set up in our house, that’s where she tried to heal him.”