[Chapter 16:] No Choice

---- Chara POV ----

I watched as Frisk and Alphys made their way over to the cluttered desk in the middle of the room filled with action figures and old books. I sighed to myself, knowing that my actions didn't really matter by this point. Whatever I did, Frisk was still going to try to bring me and Azzy back. It was pointless to protest. I know that I should be happy.. but it's hard to feel that emotion, like any other emotion anymore. I wish I still did.. wait. What the heck am I saying? I shook my head and made my way over to where Frisk was standing.

Alphys handed Frisk a small backpack which seemed to have a stick, flashlight, and a few food items in it. But why a stick? What good would a fricken stick do?! They then put their phone in the backpack and zipped it up. Alphys on the other hand had a slightly bigger backpack. In it carried all sorts of sciencey tools and even a book with Mew Mew on it. Flowey was on the cluttered table now, still looking slightly pissed. I don't blame him. He and I shared the same unfeeling feelings about the whole 'bringing to life' thing.

Frisk smiled at me quickly before picking up their backpack and swinging it over their shoulders. I crossed my arms but a faint smile appeared on my face as well.

     "A-Are you ready?" Alphys asked as she put on her backpack as well. Frisk beamed back at the lizard and gave her a double thumbs up. Why was Frisk so excited about this anyways?

     "O-Okay then." Alphys said. "T-Then let's go!"

Frisk picked up Flowey as Alphys made her way to the door. Then with a bounce in their stride, Frisk followed her. I dragged behind them and listened as the flower let out hisses of protest. But I stayed quiet because like I said before, it was pointless to argue.

It was a long trek through the forest until we reached the entrance to the underground. It was a large gaping hole in the ground and almost impossible to miss. I remember this place, but it didn't really bring back good memories. Frisk didn't seem to like it either, because their face dropped as they slowed to a halt. Flowey continued his bickering, unphased by it all.

     "What do we do now?" Frisk turned to Alphys but the lizard was deep in thought.

     "Hmm.." She thought, examining the hole. "I-It's pretty deep, but maybe we c-could climb down?" Alphys suggested. Climb down? Was she mad? But as I stared at her in disbelief, Frisk nodded.

     "Okay," They said as they bent down near the ledge. Slowly, Frisk positioned Flowey near the edge of the hole. He turned around and scowled at them.

"You idiot! What are you doing?!" He spat, but Alphys already gave Frisk a nod. Gently, they pushed Flowey off of the ledge and he slid down the cliff face. A couple of times he bounced upwards but when he got to the bottom, he seemed to be undamaged. Frisk then gave a thumbs up to Alphys as they too began their way down the side. I rolled my eyes, surprised by their foolishness. Why didn't they just go in from the other side?

Soon enough, everyone was safely at the bottom. Besides a few scrapes on frisk's arms, and a small cut on Alphys' leg, everyone was uninjured. Once Alphys made sure that everyone was alright (which took a few minutes) Frisk picked up the pissed off flower again.

     "So we need Chara's soul to bring them back to life, right? What about their body?" Frisk asked, curiously. Alphys thought for a second.