[Chapter 12:] Breakfast Dance

---- Toriel POV ----

Dreemurr.
I stared blankly at Sans as he said these words, and instinctively a wave of anger rose up in me. How dare he expect me to go back with him when he hurts one of my dearest friends? Why should I even go meet him today? Slowly, I exhaled my anger out. I hated feeling mad.

"Thank you for telling me Sans." My smile returned as I kneeled down to his height. He smiled back but looked way.

     "Heh, no problem. It actually feels kinda nice to get that off my chest." He replied with shrug. Slowly, I stretched my arms out to the side as an indication of a hug. He took it and leaned in, wrapping his arms around my torso. I did the same but more gently, for I did not want to injure his ribs more. Even if I was angry at Asgore more than ever, I am glad that Sans told me. If he didn't, who knows what could've happened in the future? Suddenly, I could feel more arms around me and I looked up to see that Papyrus and Frisk had joined us.

"Mom why are we hugging?" The child asked as we slowly let go. I merely smiled at them as I faced their direction. I did not want to tell a lie to Frisk, nor tell the truth. Instead, I decided to stretch it a little bit.

"Oh, Sansy was feeling sad and he just really likes hugs." I responded as I exchanged glances with Sans who had sat down and back on his heels. He got the memo and nodded.

"Yep. Love hugs."

Frisk nodded, accepting his answer and bounded away with Papyrus back to the table. Me and Sans were alone now, just looking at each other. I was still thinking about how Asgore was being such a jerk and what we should do about it. I have had it with him. However Asgore is a pretty strong boss monster, so a fight wouldn't be a good idea. Plus I strongly despise fighting. Nevertheless talking would be pointless too and may only provoke a fight.

"So how are we going to get back at Asgore..?" I asked myself out loud, not really expecting an answer. Sans cocked his head to the side.

     "I don't think that's a very good idea.. I mean, if he knows I told you.." he trailed off, but I already knew what he was going to say. I sighed.

     "Well we can't just do nothing," I added, but Sans shrugged.

     "Actually, we could. I always do nothing."

Being the lazy bones that he is, I was kind of expecting an answer like that from him. I rolled my eyes and chuckled a little.

     "Still.."

     "I thought you didn't like fights." Sans leaned in closer as the disagreement continued on until our faces were practically touching. I was staring deep into his eyes and he was doing the same. But even if I wanted to I couldn't look away.

"I don't but.. I feel that since Asgore had committed such distasteful acts that he should get what he deserves."

I sat back on the side of my hip and sighed once again. Doesn't Sans see how much a jerk Asgore is?

We sat in silence as we looked at each other, deep in thought and still staring. Finally, Sans sighed and broke the stare.

"How about when I'm feeling better I can.. you know.. talk to him?" He suggested and I nodded. Talking was really the only option here besides it being useless.