[Chapter 9:] Why

---- Frisk POV --

I stared at the ceiling.
Mom had left to go to the store, leaving me with nothing to do. I rolled over in bed and looked at Flowey. He was photosynthesizing by the window as the sun poured through. Near him was Chara, who had recently woke up and is now pacing on air. Even though it was noon, I didn't feel like getting up. It has been a few days, maybe almost a week since I went over to Alphys' and Undyne's house to watch that anime, and I wish I had one to watch now. It was weirdly quiet. Suddenly, Chara broke the silence.

      "Ughhh. It's so boring being a ghost." They complained as they quit pacing and plopped down on the bed beside me. I willed myself to sit up.

      "Yeah, I bet." I yawned. Suddenly, Flowey snapped around to look at us. I had forgotten that since he was running on pure determination that he could also see and hear Chara like me.

      "It's probably better than being a fricken flower."

I frowned. I had totally forgot to ask Alphys about turning them 'normal'. Maybe I should call; I hope she's not busy.

      "Doubt it." Chara cut in my thoughts. "At least you can talk and affect people."

Flowey scowled. " At least you have a soul!"

      "I don't!"

      "Guys stop!" I cut in and they turned to look at me.

      "Let's just say both of you are suffering, ok!?" I waved my arms in the air enthusiastically. Flowey rolled his eyes and grunted. Chara crossed their arms. I just sighed. I wish they could be happy.

I reached over and grabbed my phone off of the dresser. I pressed the home button and the screen flashed to life, displaying 11:32 am. I unlocked it and smiled at the picture. My background was a picture I took right after we came to the surface. It was of everyone huddled up together and smiling in front of the sunset. Flowey was in my arms, and even through I couldn't see them, Chara was by my side. I pressed the call button and searched for Alphys' contact. When I found it, I pressed it and it started ringing.

    "What are you doing?" Chara tilted their head.

    "Calling Alphys." I kept waiting for her to pick up. Chara nodded as Flowey turned back towards the window.

    "H-Hello?" Alphys shuddered from the other side. I smiled.

     "Hey Alphys!"

   "O-Oh! Frisk! It's y-you!"

Chara floated over to Flowey and patted him on the head. He scowled but didn't move.

     "Alphys I need to ask you something important." I adjusted the phone to my other ear.

      "F-Frisk what is it?" I could tell she was starting to panic.

       "It's nothing bad," I reassured her. "I just need to ask you something."

        "Oh o-ok! What is it?"

       "Would it be possible... to bring someone.. back to life?"

She didn't respond, but I knew that she was there by the breathing coming from the other end.