[Chapter 10:] Mother Instincts

---- Chara POV ----

Sans stood in the front doorway with a smile on his face. It must be fake, because his wounds look painful and his eyes glinted with tears. He had a gash on his right cheek and several bruises on the other. He looked like he was bleeding from his ribcage since his white shirt was stained pink, and his hands were red. He was starting to get a black eye, and he had blood dripping from his mouth. I didn't even know skeletons could bleed as well as cry. Well, that's a lie. The last time I saw sans look worse than this was the Genocide route when he died.

 The last time I saw sans look worse than this was the Genocide route when he died

|( Got bored and I redrew this picture!!)|

Mom had a shocked look on her face as she stared at the comedian. Time seemed to freeze at that moment. I wasn't really affected by this, oh no. I didn't care about the skeleton or anyone else. It was weird being emotionless, even if I could still feel anger. Frisk had their mouth covered with their hands and they too stared. All of a sudden, they whipped around to look at me.

"Chara?" They asked, concerned. "Why are you smiling?"

I didn't realize it until they mentioned it. Perhaps I found pain amusing, or perhaps I liked to watch people suffer. I don't know. All I know is that this reminds me of the Genocide route, where Frisk and I had become close partners and murdered everyone. It all started with mom really. With her gone, killing became easier. She was probably the only one I really cared about or had actual feeling for, besides Frisk or Asriel at least. But even he was easy to kill in the end. As I opened my mouth to speak I heard a loud thumping sound and turned around. Sans had collapsed onto the floor, unconscious. Mom froze for a second before bending down and gently picking him up. She scurried upstairs and Frisk followed, leaving me to trail behind.

As I floated into the guest bedroom, I almost bumped into Frisk. Well, that is phased right through them. Silently, Frisk motioned for me to come with them and we sat outside the door against the wall.

"Mom told me to wait out here." They explained. "She said that she was going to check the wounds and she knows how grossed out I can get."

I nodded. I used to be that way until I died and became a ghost.

We waited for what seemed like forever until mom came out of the room. She had a worried look on her face and blood on her hands. I started to wonder what had become if the skeleton until she sighed.

    "Sans seems fine." She explained. "He has a few broken ribs but he will live."

---- Toriel POV ----

"... he will live."

My hands were still shaking as I passed Frisk to go into the bathroom to wash his blood off of my hands.