Forbidden Eternity. (1)

Prologue:

The day I die, the day that my life comes to an end, will be the start of something new. I'm not a believer in all of the religions, but I do believe that there is something after death, I mean, this- our lives- can't just come to an abrupt halt and we stay in the darkness forever. No, I believe things aren't that simple at all. I have the weirdest feeling that my end is coming soon, quicker than anyone else can realise or even understand. And I'm scared, I don't know why, I've never been scared of things that are bound to come, what's the point. But, this -whatever it may be- really truly scares me and I don't like it at all.

Life is full of obstacles, some trying to damage you in ways that are unacceptable, yet some build the character of who you are and how you say or do things. Death, now death is peaceful, easy and quick, or so I believed.

1:

I smile as Craig pecks my cheek for the third time, before returning to my lips.

"What's so funny?" he murmurs against them.

"Nothing," And I deepen the kiss.

"Whoa seriously, I'm eating." Damn it, we both turn around to face Emily, who is picking at the chips on her tray.

"Doesn't look like it." I grin; and she pulls a funny face at me. I look down at my still full tray of spaghetti meatballs and chips. Ugh, I don't think I can manage it, usually I'm wolfing down things but this looks like it fell off the back of a truck in poopie town. I hesitantly grab a fork and put the smallest piece of meatball on it, and chomp quickly trying not to taste it. I cough at my feeble attempt as it slithers its way down my throat, leaving an after taste that would make Bear Grylls gag.

"That." I sneer, pointing at the gunk. "Is disgusting."

"I know, I swear they're feeding us dog shit made up too look like this" Craig flicks the plate.

"Well my dear followers, I am officially done with guys here." Meredith slams down her tray on our table, swishing her blonde hair in the process.

"What's happened now?" Emily moans, scratching the back of her brown hair, then proceeding to fluff it up.

"Well, you know that I've been seeing Derrik and...." I zone out before she can finish, this is a usual scene at our table time, Meredith, I love her and all but she has terrible taste in guys. I smile at Craig, his short blonde hair slightly ruffled from my hands; it makes me think of how lucky I am to have a guy like him. I twist my hair around my fingers, the light brown flickering in the sunlight from the windows above us. I love having long hair, something I almost treasure; it runs down to my waist and definitely has aspects in the volume department, a trait I was given from no living relative in my family, as my mothers hair lies neatly, prim and proper on her head. The heat from the overhead windows is almost overbearing, the smell of the cafeteria swirling under my nose, a perpetual state of crappy meatballs and awful smelling tomato sauce.

The uneasiness settles in my stomach again, making me grip the underneath of the table. I've been getting this feeling that... I don't know, something bad is going to happen, and soon. The usual nausea has me sweating straight away, oh god, not a cold sweat. I breathe evenly, in and out, in and out.

"Babe, you ok?" I just nod quickly, smiling slightly with my eyes closed. Something bad is going to happen, I can feel it, I just don't know when.

***

"Leave me alone!" I cry, slamming the door in the process, I stride across the elegantly cut lawn when a light flickers across it.

"Katie you get right back here young lady," My mum points to the ground. I turn around and smile politely, barging past her back into the house; I head for the kitchen and grab the Audi's keys. My dad's baby, literally, this should really piss them off.