Chapter: 28 Training with Luke Clark

*Tris POV*

After eating a quick snack and then changing into my workout clothes, which I note are very stylish and figure flattering. I roll my eyes thinking about how Jackie and Christina went to great lengths to pick out even these clothes. How silly, I am just going to be sweating and running around in them. And then I remember one comment that Jackie made, something about my training with bureau-wonder Luke Clark, and it would behoove me to "look my best". When I asked her what she meant, she literally just laughed. Shortly after she handed me a black sports bra, that I later discovered also works as a push up bra. Who invents these ridiculous things?

I throw my gym back over my shoulder and happily run through the halls. I want to arrive early so that I have time to stretch and warm up. Right as I make it onto the atrium floor I run full force directly into someone's chest, face first. With such force that I actually bounce backwards, until I feel strong hands grab my upper arms to steady me.

"Tris... Are you OK?" I hear Tobias say. Recognizing his voice before I even look up to meet his eyes. And when I do, all I can see first are his lips, my thoughts immediately flooded with memories of kissing him. But I quickly correct myself. His lips are no longer an option for me.

I clear my throat and then meet his eyes, "Yes, I'm fine. I should not have rounded that corner so quickly. I apologize for bumping into you." I say while taking a step back, and out of his grasp at the same time. His hands falling to his sides.

"It's ok. Um. How have you been?" Tobias asks me, I notice he has some of the same mannerisms as before, I watch as he scratches the back of his ear, and then turning his eyes away from me for a moment. And then he seems to force himself to look back at me. He seems a little nervous, possibly.

"I've been fine. I am actually in a hurry...as you probably noticed. Sorry again for crashing into you. I'll see you around." I say in as strong and calm of a voice as I can manage. I even force a smile. I do not wait for his response before I move past him, careful not to touch him. Nor do I look back. I tell myself, no more looking back.

+o+++o+++o+

I make it to Leadership Training Center with plenty of time to spare. Whenever I want to work out, I have been granted access to the private training facilities of the leadership team. Only because this is the only place that Luke Clark trains. I have to check in when I arrive, and then I am given a quick tour of the facility. Women's locker room, with private spa, a swimming pool, a shooting range, and track, and of course the main floor which is where I will be training in hand to hand combat with Luke.

I drop my bag off in the locker room and begin my stretches and then run a few laps around the track. I am careful not to push myself too hard before my session actually begins. I stop a couple of minutes before start time to take a water break.

And that is when I notice him. A man, maybe I should use the term gorgeous heart throb, leaning against the wall – watching my every move. I stop cold, wondering how I did not notice his entrance and then wonder just how long he has been watching me.

"Please, don't stop on my account. I appreciate working with clients that arrive early to warm up properly." The man says, his smile warm and his eyes gleaming with amusement. "I will just wait over here until you are ready for me."

I smile at him, although he is very handsome, there is something about his personality that instantly puts me at ease. I take a sip of water, and then walk towards him. I extend my hand, "Hello, I am Tris Prior. I can't tell you how much I have been looking forward to this training."