45 - Final

45th Chapter

He was wearing a black suit and he fixed his hair as he stared into his reflection in the mirror. He could bet that it was the most handsome he had ever been his entire life. The weather was fine that day. Everything seemed to be perfect. He could hear the excited voices of the people outside and he started to feel nervous.

There was a knock on the door before it opened, revealing a tall guy with a similar black suit. “Baekhyun, we need to be at the altar now.”

“Yes, yes. Coming.”

The procession started and he soon found himself at the altar with his closest friends. He felt like dying with the nervousness inside him. There also seems to be something on the pit of his stomach that makes him sick. Chanyeol kept on lightening his mood with his jokes but to no avail. He continued to rock on his heels as the guests started settling on their places. Not soon after, only one person remained outside the venue. Everyone turned their heads behind as they waited for the most important woman to arrive.

The wedding was set on a bright day in spring on a lovely garden. It was the first day that the cherry blossoms had bloomed and it was the bride’s most favorite time of the year. The trees’ sweet scent was carried by the wind and it calmed him down a bit. He also grew fond of cherry blossoms because of her.

But his heart started hammering against his ribcage as Bae Eun Mi stepped inside with her father. It was like the first time he saw her so many years ago. She was wearing an elegant wedding dress which radiated her beauty even more. Her face was covered with a veil but he could still see the most beautiful girl he ever laid his eyes on. She looked nervous as she walked down the aisle to where he was standing. He wanted to cry because all his love for her was going to burst inside him. She was so close now and he could see that angelic but shy smile on her face.

He was about to move his feet to meet her halfway when someone beat him up to it. Her father entrusted her hand to Luhan before moving to where his seat was. Luhan and Eun Mi gazed lovingly at each other and it was enough to break him into pieces. That’s where his fantasy ended and realization hit him like a truck.

It was Luhan and Eun Mi’s wedding.

He wanted to get out of there. He couldn’t bear to watch. He couldn’t stand being Luhan’s best man on Eun Mi’s wedding. He spun around to run away and he saw Oh Hyerin glaring murderously at him with a knife on her hand.

“You said you’re going to stop this! Why did you let this happen?!” She shrieked at him.

Oh please, anyone kill me. Anyone but Oh Hyerin. He closed his eyes as Hyerin swung the knife up before lunging it into his chest.

“Baekhyun!” He heard a deep voice call beside him. Chanyeol?

Baekhyun woke up with a start. Chanyeol was shaking his shoulder. The others inside the car were snickering and laughing like there’s no tomorrow, except for Hyerin who was still glaring at him from the front seat.

“W-what’s wrong? What happened?” His voice was heavy with sleep.