14

14th Chapter

Baekhyun adjusted his seat into a more comfortable position then cracked his knuckles. “You’re gonna get killed today, Park Chanyeol.”

“Oh, I’m afraid not, Baek.” Chanyeol responded with a smirk. “My legs are longer.”

“I’m faster.”

“I have perfect vision.”

“My reflexes are faster.”

“I’m more handsome.”

Baekhyun frowned. “That’s not really going to help. And you’re being delusional.”

The taller guy chuckled. “I’m not. So, let’s get this started. Whoever loses gets to pay lunch for the whole week.”

“Yeah yeah. On three. One..”

“Two..”

“THREE!” The pair chorused and blasted off on the road with their bikes. Since they were young, they were fond of competing in just about anything with the loser doing anything that favors the winner. This time round, they have decided to race to school that morning.

At first, Chanyeol was on the lead but when they had to turn into a corner, Baekhyun accelerates, leaving the taller guy behind. Their eyes were focused on the road and never dropped their speed not only because they wanted to win the race, but they were also wary of the policemen who might reprimand them for driving so fast. They were neck to neck when they saw the gates of their school from a distance. Baekhyun was already going ahead but Chanyeol was still catching up.

Chanyeol knew that he was going to lose so he became desperate. His mom cut off his allowance that week so he badly needed Baekhyun to treat him to lunch. Good thing he had some tricks up on his sleeves. “Hey, Baek! I’ve got to tell you something!”

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol too well so he didn’t bother to respond. He needs to win this one.

“Last night, I saw the Princess!”

Baekhyun almost contracted when he heard the word Princess. But then his legs were fully concentrated on the race so he was thankful that he didn’t slow down. Ignore him, Baekhyun. Focus on the road.

“She was on a restaurant with a guy! And they kissed!”

Baekhyun was supposed to ignore it. He was supposed to focus. He was supposed to pretend that he didn’t hear it, or that it didn’t bother him so how the hell did he lose his balance and swerve recklessly by the side of the road?! Good thing he had fast reflexes so he avoided driving into the tree. He managed to stop the bike just in time but he still fell on the ground. His sides hurt so much but nothing else seemed to be broken.

Chanyeol abruptly stopped and attended to Baekhyun who collapsed on the ground. He expected Baekhyun to decrease his speed a little so that he can could catch up, not losing all control and almost crashing into a tree. I think I went a little overboard.