37

37th Chapter

When Baekhyun stepped inside the gates of his school, he felt like a complete stranger. Or more like a complete enemy. He wanted to just step back and disappear for another week, or maybe his whole lifetime, but there were some jocks waiting by the gates, expecting him to run again. Everyone was giving him death glares or dirty looks. He had expected this but it still intimidated him. Every single one in this school adores the Princess so it was natural for him to become public enemy number one after running away and humiliating her when she confessed.

He quickened his pace and entered the school building. He has been stalling for time for too long already but he was preparing his self for this. He panicked when Eun Mi told him her feelings and the memories of his awful past came rushing back. He doesn’t want her to see him being so pathetic so he ran away and tried to get a grip of himself. He wasn’t in a good state for a couple of days so he wasn’t able to come to school. He knew that sooner or later, he had to tell the Princess why he acted like that and he had to beg for her forgiveness because he was sure he hurt her feelings. That’s why he’s there.

Baekhyun was supposed to come to school that morning but his parents didn’t let him because they were still worried. So he decided to leave that afternoon just before classes would end since his parents were at work. He sought out for her in their classroom but when he opened the doors, all that welcomed him were piercing glares and pure loathing. He closed the door and was about to search somewhere else when someone called him from behind.

“Byun Baekhyun!”

He turned around and saw Hyerin rushing up to him with Sehun and Kai. He wanted to run away because he was sure that Hyerin would never let him escape alive but he got confused when he saw her looking at him in a sympathetic way.

“What are you doing here? Are you alright now?” Hyerin asked in a worried tone.

“Uhh.. I’m fine. Wait, I’m quite confused here. Don’t you want to kill me?” He asked warily.

“As much as I want to, I can’t.” Hyerin sighed. “Sehun told me.”

“Told you what?” He glanced at Sehun, then he understood. “Oh. I see.”

“So what are you doing here, Baek?” Kai asked again.

“I.. I wanted to talk to Eun Mi. Does she.. does she know about it, too?”

“I think so. Luhan hyung wanted to let her know. We tried to stop him but you know him, he doesn’t listen to other people when he sets his mind on something.” Sehun replied.

“Then I guess I have to thank Luhan hyung. He has been covering for me for so long already so I think he also has a right to tell her. But where is Eun Mi now? I need to explain to her, too.”

Hyerin looked uneasy. “Well, the thing is.. Eun Mi wanted to see you, too, so as soon as classes ended, she left with that guy to find you.”

“I think you better go back to your house now if you don’t want to miss her.” Kai advised.