06

6th Chapter

Eun Mi took brisk steps as she followed behind Baekhyun. She was secretly glad that he asked her to be partners with him, although it was so unexpected. She thought he was going to ignore her until the end of the school year. But she wondered why he was walking in a fast pace. Maybe he wanted to do the activity as soon as possible.

That wasn’t the case though. Baekhyun wanted to slap himself. What the heck was it that came to him that he just asked the Princess to be his activity partner?! He was just going to apologize to her when she was talking with her cousins. But when he opened his mouth, that question came out. He wanted to take it back but seeing how the Princess looked so glad when he asked, he couldn’t do it. We’re just going to draw, right? We’ll hardly interact with each other. I’ll just apologize then get it over with. Then I can continue avoiding her for the rest of my life.

Another thing that was bothering him was the stares of everyone in the hallway. They were on their way out of the building and unfortunately, some students were already lingering on the halls. He walked faster so that they won’t think that they were together. But then, it was quite impossible because they all naturally move to the sides to give way for the Princess.

“Isn’t that the Princess? Who’s that walking with her?”

“That’s Baekhyun sunbae-nim. They’re classmates.”

“But isn’t it her cousins who are always with her? This is the first time she’s with someone else.”

“Hey, hey. Remember the other day at the cafeteria? Isn’t he one of the guys on that table the Princess walked to?”

“No way. Are they dating?!”

“That’s impossible!”

“Maybe the Princess has a thing for short guys.”

Baekhyun seriously wanted to punch the guy who said the last one. He wasn’t that short! The Princess was just tall enough that they were about the same height. Really, couldn’t they just talk among themselves? Why did they have to let him hear it? And what did they care about it anyway? Oh, right. I’m with the princess. Everyone in Seoul knew her. Everyone loved her. He knew he would receive hate if he mistreated her so he walked a little slowly now so she could match his pace.

When Baekhyun slowed down, Eun Mi was now able to walk next to him. She was still shy, actually. But they would just have to sketch together, right? Maybe they could talk about random stuff while at it, like how friends did. They were already out of the building and they saw some of their classmates in pairs already going to different places in school.

He halted and she followed. Baekhyun surveyed the area with his eyes and rubbed his neck awkwardly. “Uhhh, do you have any place in mind?” He asked but he wasn’t looking at her eyes.

She shook her head. “Umm.. y-you?”

“None. Why don’t we just walk to the field? Perhaps.. there’s something there to sketch.”