40

40th Chapter

The Princess took the book from the librarian and headed out of the building. They had vacant period that morning and she decided to spend it by reading some of her favorite poems. It was rowdy inside their classroom so she decided to take her book outside. Winter was near over and it wasn’t snowing much anymore, though it was still chilly. She made her way to the courtyard; smiling at the people she passed by. She knew that they were wondering why she wasn’t with the guy she was always with for the past months.

She took a seat on the wooden bench just beside the chestnut tree. A few people were around, probably because classes were still going on. She was thankful that they had some extra time for their selves. The academic year was also nearing its end and the final exams are just around the corner so she wanted to have some breather first. They would be seniors soon and so it means that she should take things a lot more seriously from then to prepare herself for college.

She looked at the space beside her and sighed. She wasn’t really that used not having Baekhyun there beside her. They were almost inseparable at school ever since they started going out that she started to feel guilty ‘coz she might be taking too much of his time with his friends. So when Chanyeol asked him to play some basketball with their friends at the gym, she asked him, or more like insisted for him to go.

She gazed at the sky for a few minutes before she decided to open the book and get immersed in her own little world.

-

Baekhyun heaved a sigh as he sneaked out of the gym. He was playing basketball with his bestfriends until Luhan suddenly started having some argument with Jongin. He wasn’t in the mood to watch them rip each other’s throats out so he decided to escape the scene before he could get involved in a possible bloodbath. Let Suho and Kris sort the problem with them. But he doubted if they could even do anything because he was more than sure that their fight wasn’t about the game, but of a certain girl.

He went back to their classroom, hoping to see Eun Mi sitting on her chair and reading literature. But even before he could open the door, he could hear the loud voices of their classmates talking and he was sure that Eun Mi won’t be there ‘coz she won’t be able to concentrate on her book. He tried, however, and sure enough, the Princess wasn’t there. He visited the library, and still no sign of her. He racked his mind to know where she possibly is and took a glance outside. It was cold but there were not much people around so he had a feeling she would want to take advantage of that peace.

He made his way out, craning his neck here and there in hopes to see his girlfriend. He was already on the courtyard when he saw that familiar backside sitting at a bench. Her head was lowered down so he knew she was reading again. A smile crossed his lips as he sauntered his way to her. She seems to be too engrossed on her book that she failed to notice him approaching.

Baekhyun was already behind her but she still didn’t look up. He peered on what she was reading and his forehead creased when he saw it was in English. Again. He wasn’t that good in that foreign language while Eun Mi was quite fluent with it. He inched closer to her ears as he whispered, “I’m starting to think you like that book more than me.”

She jumped up in surprise and let out a squeak. She turned her head behind her and saw Baekhyun chuckling. “You surprised me.” She uttered.