05

5th Chapter

Baekhyun didn’t mind the pain on his nose or that he was feeling dizzy as he cycled away from the field where the bane of his existence was. The bleeding of his nose had stopped but he could still smell the rust-like odor. His heart was beating like crazy again but it wasn’t because of the accident or his fast pedalling. He could still see the image of the Princess, looking so worried about him. He knew it was so gay pondering about his feelings like this but he just couldn’t shake it out of his head.

“Yah! Baekhyun!” He heard a familiar deep voice call from behind him.

He stopped his bicycle by the side of the road and Chanyeol followed. His tall friend was panting as he approached him. “You followed me?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well, someone had to make sure you won’t get into more accidents. Since when did you drive so recklessly? I had a hard time keeping up with you.”

“Sorry. I was in a hurry.”

“In a hurry for what? You’re injured and you just left all of a sudden. We were all worried. It’s fine with us but you should have at least shown some gratitude to the Princess for fussing over you. Princess or not, she deserved the respect.” It was the first time Chanyeol scolded him. His friend was always cool with anything and didn’t get mad easily so he was surprised to see this side of him. Ashamed of his actions, Baekhyun looked away feeling remorseful.

“I just wasn’t able to handle the situation.” He muttered.

“Handle what exactly? I’m not blind not to notice your cold treatment towards the Princess. What exactly is going on with you two?” Chanyeol cocked an eyebrow.

“Nothing’s going on between us.”

“Then what is happening? What is wrong with you? Did she do something to you that you’re acting like that?”

“Seriously, you ask too many questions.”

“Well, I need to understand the situation.”

Baekhyun sighed. “It’s a long story.”

“We’re neighbors. I can go home anytime I want so we can talk about it even for a week.”

“It’s complicated.”

“Enough with the alibis. You’re like a girl in denial. Tell me honestly, do you like her?”

“No.” He answered quickly.

“Then what is it really?!” Chanyeol said in a frustrated tone.

“Fine, fine. I’ll tell you on the way home. I still need to pick up some things from the grocery. Let’s go.” He climbed up on his bike and started pedalling. Chanyeol followed suit, keeping up his pace with Baekhyun as he started to tell his friend about his story.