Sidestory - 5

Sidestory – 5

Kai tried to relax his hands on the wheel as he turned to the right side of the road. He used one to rub his forehead while the other one was still focused on driving. Taemin, his bestfriend, groaned continuously from the backseat. It was his car Kai was driving because the idiot is too drunk to even lift his head.

“Be careful with the.. swishing and turning, will.. ya?” Taemin slurred his words.

“Yeah, right, drunk ass.” He sighed, more frustrated of himself.

“You calling me drunk ass, Jongin-ah? Should I call you one idiotic, pathetic, stupid, foolish –“

“Okay. I think that’s enough.” It only adds up to his frustration. God, why was he being like this?

“No, it isn’t enough. I’m not as drunk as you think. But you are. Seriously, dude? Giving her his car keys? Asking her to go there? It’s like telling your girlfriend to cheat on you.” Taemin had sat up now, but barely holding on with his eyes still dizzy.

“Hyerin’s not going to cheat on me.” And in an undertone, he added, “She’s just going to help him.”

“You finally found a girl that you treasure and dearly love, as gross as it may sound. I saw the way you look at her, the way you respond when she talks to you, how you act when you’re with her. You’re totally smitten. Why are you letting this happen?”

“Because he’s the one she loves. Simple as that.” He answered softly while something was crushing inside him.

-

Kai wasn’t the only one dealing with a drunken case. Hyerin punched in the password the guy beside her mumbled as they stood in front of his condo unit. She was barely managing and his arm was slowly slipping from her hold.

“Gosh, you Chinese, why are you so heavy?” She complained as they got inside, dragging him with her.

Luhan groaned and muttered something. It was a retort to what Hyerin said but he can’t put one coherent word together. She dragged him to the only room in the place and kicked it open, good thing it wasn’t locked. She moved towards the bed and shoved him off there.

“I don’t know what made you this wasted but I think you should at least sober up. Just lie down here while I grab some things on the kitchen, okay?”

Luhan didn’t respond as his eyes remained closed and his forehead creased. He must’ve fallen asleep already. She went out of his room and proceeded to the kitchen area. She wondered whether she should make him some soup or anything warm. She felt a throb on her forehead, too, so she sat down on a nearby chair to gather her thoughts first.

She was at Taemin’s birthday party with Kai at one of the clubs in the area. The guy was Kai’s bestfriend ever since they were babies and she met him a few times already so she was invited, too. It was a nice party and she was enjoying it with Kai. They didn’t drink much and just danced and it was a good decision because apparently, the birthday boy was too blitzed to even stand up. Kai decided to take his friend home and Hyerin wanted to come, too. But strangely, Kai gave her someone’s car keys.