17

17th Chapter

Luhan parked his car inside the Bae manor. His parents asked him to help in their family business the whole day so he wasn’t able to visit Eun Mi in the afternoon. It was almost evening when he got there. Baekhyun had probably gone home by now.

He went out of his car and at the same time, a car’s door parked next to his closed. He was a bit surprised to see Hyerin across him. She noticed him, too, and a frown instantly formed in her face. Of all people, why does she have to meet him today? And Luhan asked the same question in his mind.

He gave her a mocking look and sauntered his way towards the mansion. A nerve pulsed on her temple and she felt the urge to grab a chair and slam it in his face. “What are you doing here, you jerk?”

Luhan cocked an eyebrow at her. “Visiting my soon-to-be wife.” He answered simply and went on ahead.

Hyerin scoffed and followed him. “Aren’t you getting ahead of yourself? Eun Mi will never choose you to be her husband. She likes my brother.”

“Why? Is she allowed to marry Sehunnie?” Luhan turned to her. “You and I both know that the reason the Bae family is rushing Eun Mi’s engagement is because they are preventing the two of them to be together. Let’s face it. They won’t ever get a happy ending.”

She clenched her fists because Luhan was so darn right. “And you’re okay in betraying your bestfriend like this?”

“It’s better to be me than other people, right? I won’t ever hurt Eun Mi.” He said before he left her there, speechless at the entrance. To be honest, he still wasn’t sure about this engagement thing, if ever he will really be chosen. He needs to talk seriously with Sehun first. And Eun Mi.. she’s really the perfect girl for him. She’s not hard to love. Well, it’s not like he has ever been in love in his entire life.

The maids greeted him when he came in. “Where’s Eun Mi?” He asked them.

“Agassi is in her room with Byun Baekhyun-ssi. They’re working on their project.” One of them answered.

His eyes widened in surprise. Baekhyun was still here? It was almost evening. What kind of project are they doing for them to spend the whole day on it? Luhan took quick steps upstairs.

Hyerin was still dumbfounded by what Luhan said. He was right; it was better than it was him rather than someone else that’s a complete stranger. And he sounded so sincere when he said that he won’t hurt her cousin. Maybe Luhan had really changed and he’s.. starting to fall for Eun Mi. She doesn’t get why but that idea caused her chest to ache. She frowned, annoyed that Luhan was making her feel like that so she went inside to follow him.

The door to Eun Mi’s room was slightly open so Luhan went to peek in first. They were on the far end of the room and Eun Mi was sleeping, while Baekhyun was munching something while staring at the Princess. He could get inside by now.. but something seems to be stopping him. Like he was waiting for something to happen.

Hyerin turned into a corner towards Eun Mi’s room and she saw Luhan sneaking at the side. “Yah,” She called out and Luhan got startled by her voice. “Why are you –“ She got cut off when Luhan suddenly covered her mouth with his hand.