07

7th Chapter

“Soooo~ how was it? What did you talk about with Baekhyun? Was he nice to you?” Hyerin asked Eun Mi as they were walking outside the building.

Classes were already done for the day. The day turned out to be good for her. She actually managed to be with someone else other than her family for more than an hour without feeling shy and awkward all throughout. Maybe she was overcoming her shyness.. or maybe it was all because of Baekhyun.

Hyerin poked her cheek. “Ooohhh~ a smile is creeping on your face. Something good happened, didn’t it? Did he tell you he likes you?”

She blushed. “T-there was nothing like that. We just did the activity and talked normally. He apologized for yesterday and thanked me, too. He was nice. Really nice.”

Her cousin nodded. “Good, good. I wasn’t wrong about him being a nice guy. But did he tell you why he was sort of ignoring you before?” Eun Mi shook her head. “Oh, well. Maybe he was just shy. So, you two are friends now. Your very first friend, Eun Mi-yah! Apart from us, that is. I’m so happy for you!” She hugged Eun Mi.

“Are we really friends now? Shouldn’t I ask him first?”

Hyerin giggled. “There’s no such thing. People just naturally become friends, you know.”

“I see.” Eun Mi noticed that Sehun was trailing a little far away behind them. He seemed to be not in the mood, too. She wondered why since he seemed to be on high spirits earlier. She tugged at Hyerin. “Is.. something wrong with Sehun?”

Hyerin glanced at Sehun behind them then smirked. He had been sulking ever since the start of the activity. He was obviously being jealous of Baekhyun and feeling ignored by Eun Mi. Oh, if you only know how Eun Mi really feels about you, brother.. “His stomach just got upset. Why don’t you talk to him?” She wiggled her brows then stopped walking and gave Eun Mi a little push towards Sehun.

Sehun was scowling at the ground as he was trailing behind the two girls. He purposely maintained a distance from them so he couldn’t hear what they were talking about. It was obviously about Baekhyun. Baekhyun was his friend but now that he seemed to be making advances towards Eun Mi, he couldn’t help but feel irritated. He suddenly stopped when Eun Mi was suddenly on his way.

He tried to put on a poker face before facing her. “Do you need anything, Eun Mi?” He asked.

The lass studied his face and worry traced her features. “Are you alright, Sehun?” She asked in a gentle tone.

Sehun was taken aback by her question and also by the way his body reacted to her. Whenever she worried about him, he felt so warm inside and he always had that urge to hug her tightly. “Yes, I’m fine. Why did you ask?”

“Hyerin told me you have an upset stomach. Do you want to stop by at the pharmacy?”

He.. what?! He saw Hyerin laughing her heart out ahead of them. He sent her a piercing glare. “I don’t have an upset stomach. My sister’s just making fun of me again.”