11

11th Chapter

For Byun Baekhyun, waking up that Sunday morning was unlike any other. Usually he would wake up in a good mood, looking forward to the laziness he was allowed to exude because it was a no-class day. He would spend it playing video games, pigging out, watching movies or just sleep the day out. But it was a different Sunday that spring.

Upon opening his eyes, anxiety crept up in his system and that weird sick feeling was on his stomach again. Since Friday, he had been dreading that day to come. Today, Eun Mi would be going out on a date with Sehun. It was absolutely none of his concern but something just kept on pressing hard against his chest, making it hard to breathe. He knew he was not allowed to feel like that. But then, he couldn’t phase out of his memory Eun Mi’s pretty smile that she was probably showing to Sehun right now.

If only he had kept his distance.. if he had only continued on ignoring her.. if he just stuck to his resolve.. he won’t be so paranoid like a sissy right now. But then, looking back at those times that he spent with her, deep inside him, there was no regret. He enjoyed those times and sometimes he would find himself smiling like an idiot whenever he remembered it.

Wait. If anyone could read what he was thinking right now, they would most likely assume that he was starting to fall in love with Bae Eun Mi. And that was the most forbidden thing for him. So before he could even consider it, he rose up from bed and dialed Chanyeol’s number.

It took about more than ten rings before his friend answered. It was a Sunday so it was understandable that Chanyeol was still sleeping.

“Park Chanyeol.” He said when his friend answered.

“What the hell, Baekhyun?! It’s a freaking Sunday. Let me sleep!”

“I need your help.”

“We can talk about that later. I was still dreaming about Dara noona coming up to me on –“

“You can resume that dream later. This is crucial.”

Chanyeol groaned on the other line. “What the hell is it?”

“Do you know some girls you can introduce to me, maybe later?”

Chanyeol fell silent on the other line. Truth be told, he was speechless. Baekhyun thought he hadn’t heard him so he said again, “Hey, do you know some –“

“I heard you the first time.” Chanyeol interrupted. “But wait, is this really you, Byun Baekhyun?”

“Who else would it be?” He retorted sternly.

“Where is this coming from? Are you on your right mind? Asking me that first thing in the morning? You were never interested on hook-ups and double dates before.”

“I.. just felt like it.”

“This is about the Princess, right?”