02

2nd Chapter

Sehun narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun. Everyone got surprised when he refused the seat that was assigned to him. Whatever his reason was, Eun Mi was probably thinking that it was because of her, basing on how he 'ignores' her.

Eun Mi directed her eyes at Baekhyun. What could possibly be running in his mind? Was there something wrong with the chair or.. the idea of being her seatmate was repulsive to him?

Baekhyun noticed everyone's eyes on him when he asked their homeroom teacher if he could sit somewhere else. He felt awkward. Their teacher cocked an eyebrow at him. "And for what reason do you want to change your seat?"

"Uhh.. well.." He furrowed his brows. He felt like his classmates were waiting for his answer and it seemed that there was impending doom if he would say something unreasonable. "Oh, nevermind. I'll move now."

Eun Mi watched as Baekhyun sat on the seat next to her. He dropped his bag on the side then propped his chin on the desk. He was looking ahead and seemed unfazed by her stare.

To be honest, Baekhyun was feeling uneasy. A pair of eyes from his left side was boring into him. It felt like they were peering through his soul. He turned his attention to the student sitting on his right. He gave her a smile and started having small talk.

She was perplexed, yet again. If Baekhyun was really a nice guy, he should have greeted her as his new seatmate, like what he was doing with the other girl on his right. It was really odd.

When everyone had already settled on their seats, their next class started. For the first time in her life, Eun Mi wasn't paying attention to class. All the while, she watched Baekhyun from the corner of her eye. He was very friendly and talked a lot. He would occasionally make the class laugh with his side comments. But until class ended, he didn't even spare a glance or interacted with her in any way.

As soon as they got dismissed, Sehun went to approach Eun Mi. She seemed troubled again and he knew she had been watching Baekhyun for the whole duration of the afternoon classes. She was putting some of her books in her bag and he helped her.

"Thank you." Eun Mi said, with a small smile tugging at her lips.

"Hyerin has another date again with a guy whose name I can't remember so I'll be going home alone. Will Minhyuk-ssi pick you up today?" He asked her, but he noticed that her eyes were following Baekhyun again. The latter was talking animatedly with his friend, Chanyeol. "Eun Mi?"

Eun Mi blinked. "Huh?" She brought her attention back to Sehun.

"I asked if Minhyuk-ssi will pick you up today."

"I think so. Why?"

"Do you want to go somewhere first?"

Eun Mi wasn't able to stop the fast beating of her heart. She had gone with Sehun to a lot of places already but she couldn't help but feel giddy whenever he asked her. It was almost like he was asking her out on a date. She mentally shook her head for such a stupid thought.