03

3rd Chapter

Baekhyun gaped at the girl smiling so brightly at him. What are you doing, Byun Baekhyun? Keep your act together. He willed himself to look away to slow down the beating of his heart. He might die of heart attack if he continued to look at her.

Eun Mi's smile faded when he looked away. Oh no. Did I look stupid, smiling at him like that? But I was just so happy that he finally noticed me.

"What were you doing here? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He asked, still not meeting her eyes.

He's talking to me but avoids looking at me. Is there something wrong with my eyes? She shook her hands in front of her in denial. "I was.. just trying to get.. the flower.. on the w-wall." She stuttered in a soft tone. She was feeling shy now, realizing how idiotic she might have sounded.

He didn't get to hear her clearly though because she spoke so low. He only caught the words 'trying', 'flower', and 'wall'. He frowned. "Huh?"

Eun Mi thought that he was frowning because of her childish behavior so she dropped her head and shook it lightly. “N-nevermind.”                                                                                                                                                                     

An awkward silence enveloped them. Normally, Baekhyun would have picked up already a random topic to talk about because he hated awkward pauses but then, he didn't have any idea on what to say to the Princess. The latter wanted to ask him so much about his behavior towards her but she didn't know where to start. She was about to open her mouth to say it when the school bell rang.

Eun Mi stood up quickly. She almost forgot that she was assigned today for the school garden duties. She bowed towards him. "I-I have to go."

"Oh. Okay."

She walked briskly towards the door but stopped and looked back at him. "Are you coming?"

He knew that he had to get going, too, or he'll be late in class, but he didn't like the idea of people seeing him walking back with the Princess. "You go ahead. I'll take a quick nap."

She nodded in understanding and smiled secretly. Another thing she learned about Byun Baekhyun was that he was fond of taking naps in just about anywhere. She wondered what kept him busy every night that he was always sleepy in the morning.

Baekhyun stood up as soon as she was gone. He stretched his arms and looked down from the railing. "Time to get to class." He was about to go when he spotted a purple flower sticking out from the wall. He suddenly remembered what the Princess said earlier. So she was trying to get it? He bended over carefully and plucked the delicate flower. He unconsciously smiled, imagining how cute she might have looked like by trying so hard to get such a simple flower.

-

Eun Mi went straight to the school garden for her duties. When she arrived, she was surprised to see Hyerin and Sehun already watering the plants for her. "I.. I should do that." She panted. She ran on her way to get there.