Nico

TRIGGER WARNING!! THIS INCLUDES SELF HARM- IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED PLEASE DONT READ

It was the day before our two year anniversary.  I hummed to myself, something I hadn't done in years, as I got up and got ready.  I was 17 now, and classes at Athena's were excruciatingly difficult.  I groaned as I  picked up my school books and shoved them into my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder and walking to the cafeteria for breakfast.  Usually I would meet Will here, but I was about to be late for Health class and so I grabbed an apple and ran back to Main for class.  I entered the door just in time, tossing the remains of my apple in the trash can.  I sat in the back of the class, as usual, and pulled out my heavy textbook, placing on the desk.  Will was in the seat in front of me.  He looked back and gave a small smile and wave.  I smiled back.  The class was horrible.  We spent ages drawing out diagrams of the human body and then we took a pop quiz.  I noticed a brown haired guy- he was new and his name was... Alex..? I think. He took a few peeks at Will.  I shrugged it off- Will was a likable guy, I just got there first.  By the end of class, I was certain Alex had taken more than a few looks at my guy.  

A couple classes later, it was finally time for lunch, which I had learned to look forward to.  I sat down at a table with Percy, Annabeth, and Cecil, and we talked for a while before they realised that Will wasn't with me. 

"He gets busy sometimes." I shrugged.  They nodded and continued the conversation.  Just then I realised that I had left my sketchbook and my earbuds in the health room.

"Be right back, guys! I left a few things."  

"Kay, see ya!" Annabeth called back to me as I jumped up and jogged to Main.  I opened the door and froze, my eyes wide in shock and hurt.  Alex had Will pinned against a wall, kissing him.   I backed out, leaving my things where they were, and ran upstairs.  I could feel the tears flying off my cheeks.  I raced into my room and locked the door, screaming at myself mentally

You idiot! You actually believed he would like you?  You wasted all your time on him- he would never like an antisocial loser like you! You're just an unwanted freak, a nobody, he wouldn't care if he never saw you again.  

I went to the bathroom where I found my pocket knife in the cabinet.  Loser.  I slashed my arm.  It wasn't enough.  Unwanted.  I dug deeper, blood dripping down my arm and onto the cold floor.  I cut more.  Freak. I lay on the ground, my vision blurry.  I cut the other side.  Then, using my blood, I wrote a message on the wall next to me.  

HaPPy AnNiVERsaRy, SunShInE.

Then everything went black.

HEY GUYS! I'M REALLY SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER. MWAHAHAH NO IM NOT BUT ANYWAY THE STORY'S STILL MOVIN SO KEEP READING I PROMISE NOT TO BORE YOU!! HEHE THANKS GUYS ILY! SEE YOU ALL NEXT CHAPTER,

XXSAM