Will

What happened?! All I know was everyone turned to look at Nico and then he ran out and I missed my target. I shook my head and went to retrieve my arrow, then went to Coach.

"Coach, what happened?"

"I don't know, kid. That Nico did something to my floor is all. Figures since he is the son of Hades..." Hedge shrugged at the floor. I looked at the black streak, starting from the blotch where Nico must've been standing.

"Do you think.. could I...?" I pointed at the door.

"Uh-uh, no way cupcake. You are finishing this class."

"But something might be wrong!"

"It's not your business, anyway. Now, back to work with ya."

I nodded and dragged my feet back to my bow and quiver. I missed every shot for the rest of the class. I didn't see Nico much for the rest of the day, even though I was supposed to show him around. Maybe tomorrow. He didn't even go to lunch, though I'd have been happy to sit with him. By last period I was itching to find him, even though I was in music and I love that class. Cecil noticed me glancing at my watch.

"Dude, you ok? You're never this excited to get out of class."

I smiled and shrugged. "Haha, who's not excited to get out of school?"

"Not you. It's music! Come on! I mean, I couldn't care less, seeing as my voice sounds like a fish screaming, but you're a singer! What's up?"

And so I quietly told Cecil the details of my day, ending with how I felt.

"Nico's a really good guy. And people think he's a creep but I know he's better. I just- I have this feeling. Like every time I'm near him I can tell."

"This feeling? Does someone have a crush on the new kid?" Cecil nudged my shoulder. I could feel my face heat up.

"What? That's- its only been a day- I'm-but- no!" I whisper stuttered. Cecil smirked.

"Okay, Will. Tell me if you change your mind."

-------after class--------

I rushed over to Main, hugging my shoulders in the icy wind. The door blew open and I flew inside, shivering. Shaking the snow off my shoes, I tripped down the corridor and up the stairs to the dorms. Zeus, Poseidon, Hades! There. The door was locked. I knocked twice.

Knock knock. No answer. Knock knock knock. Still nothing. Knock knock knock knock knock. I heard the lock click and Nico swung it open.

"Oh. You." he said before slamming it in my face. I sighed and opened it again. Nico was sprawled out on his bed, one hand on the floor next to a bunch of spray paint cans. I looked at the ceiling, where his eyes were focused. My eyes widened. He had painted the most beautiful design on the ceiling. A skull, a scroll, roses, angel wings, I didn't know what to say. So I just said the first thing that came to mind.

"Wow."

"What do you want, Solace?"

"You did that?"

"Yeah. So?"

"It's amazing." I continued to admire his art. Then I looked down at his face. Black strands of hair covered his eye, his mouth completely straight. He didn't look at me.

"What are you doing in my room, Will?" He sat straight up and looked at me with a glare I bet he spent years perfecting. And if he didn't I was straight up gonna start clapping because I felt completely unsafe at that moment.

"I- um- I wanted to see how you were. I just saw you run out of gym and then I was gonna follow you but Coach wouldn't let me and I didn't see you for the rest of the day, even though I was supposed to help you with classes and stuff and.." I was rambling. I internally scolded myself. What are you doing Will? He doesn't want you in his room, let alone rambling on to him about your day. I hit the wall behind me and groaned in exasperation. I looked up at Nico. His mouth hadn't moved, but I could tell by his eyes he was amused.