Will

Ok I admit I had never actually been on an actual quest... but I did know monsters and I had no clue what that was!! Our school was protected by a magical seal that concealed its true identity. It also had a scent tracker to throw monsters off our scent (made by our go to mechanic, Leo) and a barrier, so this must be some monster to get through all that and find us here.  Thumps echoed across the ground, almost enough to make the ice we were standing on crack. Nico looked at me, grimacing, and I frowned back.  The snowcapped trees parted and snapped to make way for... gods!! It was a Hydra!? Every student around us was readying themselves to fight it.  I slipped my dagger from under my belt (where I always keep it) and prepared myself.  Nico grumbled something.  

"What?"

"I don't have a weapon." He scowled.  Before I had time to think, the beast roared and the main head spit fire at the ice.  It slithered closer and we ran towards it, doing all we could.  I slashed and jabbed at it's weakest points, hitting veins and sore spots.  I could tell Nico was concentrating, because his eyes were closed and his brow was furrowed.  He must've been working really hard, because his forehead started sweating and his hands started collecting balls of shadow.   He pressed his hands hard against the Hydra, overwhelming it with darkness, and a few Iris kids started a fire with light and reflection.  I don't know how they do it.  Nico's dark energy toppled the monster over, crashing it down on the ice as the fire from the Iris kids burned it.  The hydra roared and slashed out, jabbing its clawed hand into Nico and giving him a deep gash down his side.  He yelled in pain.  

"Nico!!" I called, distracting myself long enough for the hydra to hit me with its tail.  "Gah." I stood up, my vision blurry.  The hydra burst into flames, and I half ran half swam to the other side of the now practically melted lake to find Nico.  It wasn't hard.  He was bleeding all over, clutching his side, and lying curled up on the snow.  I picked him up bridal style and ran as fast as I could to the infirmary on the other side of campus.  He was really light, and didn't stir once as I set him down and started treating his wounds immediately.  I took off his shirt, rubbed a salve over his cut and  started wrapping it in bandages.  He grimaced, flopping unconsciously  back onto the bed.  He didn't stir again.

HEY GUYS SUPER SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW SORRY!!! HAHAHA NO IM NOT ANYWAY LOVE YOU ALL I WILL UPDATE SOON!! SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER,

XXSAM

See My Shadows, I'll Be Your LightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara