Will

Nico looked at me, curious.

"What about class?"

"Don't you worry, it's all taken care of. I have permission to take you to see the campus today." Nico's face didn't change, but I was almost certain he was at least a little happier than he was before. I was a little nervous, but I tried not to let it show. I checked my watch. "Come on, Nico, it's almost 11:30, and I have a reservation! Get ready. I'm waiting outside." I got up and went outside. I heard Nico grumbling under his breath as he shut the door behind me. Less than 5 minutes later, he came out, hands in his pockets and a black backpack slung over his shoulder. I chuckled softly at his annoyed expression. "Don't look so glum, today's going to be a good day." We walked side by side for a while until we were outside Main. "C'mon." I told him. We crossed the street and entered the cafe. It was a well lit place, with a smoothie bar on one end and tables across from it. A live band played in the corner.
"Solace, table for two?" The waitress nodded and we followed her to a table near the windows. After ordering we sat quietly, looking out the windows. I cursed myself for not having anything to say to him.
"So.. what are you doing?" Nico looked at me and tilted his head.
"I toollldd you this morninggg. I'm showing you around campus so that you are familiar with it."
"I don't recall going out to eat counting as showing me around campus." He rolled his eyes.
"Well... I may have noticed you don't go for meals at school and that's not good for you."
He raised an eyebrow.
"Don't lecture me, Solace. You barely know me. It's not your business anyway."
"I am practically a doctor! I have every right." I puffed out my chest jokingly. He cracked a smile. That was a first. My stomach did a little dance. You're just hungry, I told myself. The food came just in time and we ate in silence.
"So what do you like to do? Besides being annoyed and being alone." I tried to keep images of my dream from flashing in my mind.
"Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed if you didn't bug me so much." A smile played at his lips.
"I'm simply concerned for your social life."
"And this is ever so social." He gestured to our setting.
"There are plenty of people to socialize with. I know almost everyone in here."
"Sure Solace. Prove it."
"I intend to, Di Angelo." I stood up and walked over to the counter.
"Hey, Will! Long time no see, man." My friend Butch, an Iris boy, was standing at the register.

"Hey, Butch. How's it going?"

"Good, now you've come back. Sing us a song, will you?"

"Ahh, I couldn't. I don't even play with the band."

"Aw, c'mon, Will! You haven't sung with us in forever!" The band started protesting.

"Alright, if you insist.." I shrugged and shot a pointed look at Nico. He didn't even look mildly impressed. I stepped up onto the stage. "What song?" I asked Butch.

"What do you say to... the usual." I nodded and adjusted the mic, grinning. I wasn't nervous, I loved singing and used to do it all the time at the cafe. The guitar strummed and I tapped my foot to the beat.

"In a few weeks, I will get time, to realize, it's right before my eyes. And I can take it, If it's what I want to do." I started the song, and I could tell the regulars at the cafe recognized my voice. I smiled as I sang. "And I can tell just what you want, you don't want to be alone, no you don't want to be alone. And I can tell just what you know, yeah you've known it the whole time, yeah you've known it the whole time." A few more people entered the cafe. The song continued and I sang a little louder. "Maybe next year, I'll have no time, to think about the questions to address. Am I the one, to try to stop the fire? I wouldn't test you, I'm not the best you could have attained, so why try anything? I will get there, Just remember I know." More people poured in. I closed my eyes and let the words flow out. It felt so natural, and I could tell everyone was watching, but I didn't mind. "And I can tell just what you want, you don't want to be alone, no you don't want to be alone. And I can tell just what you know, yeah you've known it the whole time, yeah you've known it the whole time." When the song ended I smiled bigger, took a small bow and left the stage to face Nico. The people around me were all clapping, giving small whoops here and there. I thanked the band and Butch before sitting back down. I looked at Nico.

HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER I WILL UPDATE AGAIN!!! PLEASE DONT KILL ME FOR THE FEELS!! LOVE YALL, SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!

XXSAM