Nico

I had a dreamless night, thank gods.  Demigod dreams are never nice. Classes today. This is gonna be great. I grunted and took a shower to wake me up.  Then, after slipping into my clothes, I walked down the hallway to homeroom.  The way was easy. Just follow everyone else. I blended in easily, which was good because I am definitely not a people person and am not good with talking.   We shuffled into the large room and sat down.  Of course, I took a seat in the back.  Chiron stood up and walked to the front of the room. 

"Good morning, children.  There are no special announcements for today, except one." I shuddered.

"We have a new student.  Please everyone lets welcome Nico, son of Hades." He gestured to me, and I felt my cheeks heat up.  Everyone turned around to look. I heard murmurs- "...son of hades.." "...goth?" "..all black.." "..explains it." "..creepy looking..." and things like that.  I was used to it.  I looked back down.  Then came the moment I dreaded.

"Would anybody like to show Nico around?" Chiron asked.

I saw Percy look at me, grinning. He raised his hand. Fortunately for me, so did someone else.  That blonde boy I saw yesterday.  He timidly raised his hand and looked back at me, smiling.  His smile was blinding.  I blinked, taking it in.  Looking at this boy was like staring at the sun. 

"Will, how nice of you to offer. You take today to show Nico around."  Will nodded, still smiling.

After homeroom, we all shuffled into the hallways to go our separate ways. I tried to go back to my room but I was stopped by a tanned hand on my shoulder. 

"Hey."

"Don't touch me." I kept walking.

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business."  He followed me.

"I'm Will Solace."

"Well then, Solace, I have to go."

"I have to go with you. Remember?"  Will strode behind me, quickly catching up.  Curse his long legs! I kept walking.

"I do expect an introduction from you, you know. I told you who I was." He frowned at me.

"Nico Di Angelo." We were now walking side by side.  I looked up at him. "I don't need to be shown around."

"Well I'd be happy to anyway!" Will beamed at me.

"Why'd you volunteer?  I'm a creep Solace.  I summon skeletons from the ground and shadow travel wherever I go." For emphasis, I slipped into the shadows and reappeared down the hall. I was kinda hoping to scare him off.  Instead, he smirked.

"Thats gotta drain your energy, Di Angelo." I rolled my eyes. "I volunteered because I want to be your friend. Is that so wrong?"

"Solace. Don't kid me. I don't want to hear any of that "friend" stuff." I scowled.

"Hey, Sunshine. Turn that frown upside down! I just want to get to know you." He beamed, and I scowled harder.

"Don't. Call me Sunshine." I narrowed my eyes as we walked.  I snatched my schedule up and read it over. First class: Health. Oh no. Will smiled, his eyes lit up.  It wasn't a bad look on him. 

"Awwww yess!!! I have that too! In fact, I actually just switched to it! So it's both our first days!" he grabbed my hand and ran down the hall and up some stairs, saying directions along the way. We finally made it to class, and Will paused outside the door to catch his breath.  I looked down and realized the pretty boy was still holding onto my hand.  I felt a hot blush seep up my cheeks.   Will looked at me and noticed too, he also turned a slight shade of pink.  I pulled my hand away.

"I told you not to touch me." Will laughed and just said,

"C'mon Sunshine, we're almost late." I growled at him but grudgingly followed him into the classroom.

After class, Will got out first and waited for me at the door.  We looked back on the schedules and saw we had gym next.  I was dreading it.  My Stygian iron sword lay waiting for me in my gym locker.  Will led me towards the the gymnasium and we stopped to change in the locker room.  I slipped off my shirt and reached into my locker for my clothes.  I noticed Will staring. 

"You're staring." I told him pointedly.

"No, I'm not.  I'm simply waiting." He turned fast and slipped his shirt off too. 

He's pretty hot. No! Gods, what am I thinking?! He's just a thorn in my side that won't stop following me around.  We slipped on tank tops and shorts and made our way to class.

When we entered the gym I couldn't hide the surprise in my eyes.  Half the room was a lava rock climbing wall, a sword fighting area, targets for archers, and the other half had a basketball hoop, some soccer balls and a few hula hoops. 

"Impressive, huh? C'mon." Will gestured for me to follow.  The Coach was standing near the basketball hoop with the rest of the class. 

"Alright cupcakes, today's skill building day. Just do whatever your good at and kick butt doing it!"

"That's Coach Hedge." Will muttered into my ear as Coach tried to give us a pep talk.  I nodded and we split up.  I tried swordplay first.  Of course, I was experienced, having dealt with a ton of monsters before this, and even before my little "visit" to Tartarus.  Gods, that drove me crazy.  I whacked at the dummies and they moved back.  My thoughts rattled in my head.  I *whack* guess school isn't so *block* bad *slash* This Will kid *wham* is actually pretty cute *dodge* But I'm not sure *stab* if I'm over Percy... *wham!* the dummy fell backwards and I noticed that I had slashed it to bits.  "Oops." I muttered halfheartedly and kept fighting.  Ugh! But why does he think he has to pretend to like me?  I'm scary, nobody likes me.  Maybe out of sympathy? I don't need sympathy! I've been to the pits of hell! Screw you, Will. Forget friends. Nobody wants to be my friend. I know that well enough! And I sure don't need some stupid, blonde, curly fry reinforcing it!  I  scowled and knocked the next dummy over and looked up again.  Everyone was staring at me. 

"Cupcake? Could you maybe not turn my floor a different color? I mean I love what you did with the dummies, but..." Coach looked pointedly at my feet. Black was seeping out from under my shoes. 

"Uhh.. sorry." I mumbled and ran out, leaving a trail of darkness on the floor behind me. 

"Ok kids carry on! We'll deal with it later." I heard Coach Hedge  yell at the class.  I looked behind me as I left. Will wasn't following.  I knew it. I hated school and it wasn't even lunch yet.  I continued with the rest of my classes, skipping lunch and dinner.  At the end of the day I flopped back on  my bed and stared at my empty walls.  I rolled off and grabbed a couple cans of spray paint from my bookshelf.

HEY YALL SORRY IF U DIDNT LIKE THE CHAPTER AND SORRY BOUT THE FEELS!! JUST WAIT TILL NEXT CHAPTER! HOPE YOU LIKE IT! SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER,
XXSAM