Will

Kayla ran up to me and frantically started combing my hair down.  I laughed and ruffled it up again.  I knew it wasn't going to stay down, so I went with that "I'm messily cute" look.  I pushed her off and smiled. 

"Aw, lay off, Kayla. I'm fine." Kayla nodded and put the comb down.

"Well, how do I look?"

"Perfect." I smiled and she gave me a tight hug before the knock on the dorm room door. I checked the time. It was 8:00.

"I guess that's my cue then..." I took a breath and opened the door, my eyes directed at the ground nervously.  I looked up and sucked my breath in.  "Oh my gods... Nico."  He was wearing a fitted black suit and a red tie with white stripes for Christmas.  His hair was messily arranged, as usual, but there was something about him that was different.  Maybe it was the bright shine in his eyes and the smile that constantly played on his lips.  He looked at me and his eyes widened.  Then he broke into a grin. "What?" I laughed.

"Nothing. Just...you." He smiled back and pecked me on the lips before extended his arm out like a gentlemen. "Shall we be on our way then?" 

"Lets." I beamed, taking it and letting him escort me down to the gym, where the dance was being held.  

We walked in and sat down.  

"Hey Nico!"  Annabeth and Percy made their way over.  Annabeth was wearing a beautiful blue grey dress that matched Percy's tie.  "Hey, Will." They smiled at us.  "What do you guys think?"  I looked around, remembering how Percy was in charge of the party.  The room was lit with fairy lights, but other than that it was dim.  Music played- none of it was holiday music, but it was fun to listen and dance to.  There was a drink table and a food court, and benches and tables for people sitting down.  I caught a glimpse of a girl reading a book in the corner of a bench and chuckled.  It was decorated to look like winter, I could tell, because of the white, shiny decorations and the lights.  The ceiling was glowing with stars.  

"It's beautiful."

"Yeah, it's great."  Nico replied, looking around.  Percy beamed.  

"Thanks guys! Well, Annabeth and I are going to get drinks.  Have fun!" Annabeth winked at us before turning and leaving with Percy, resting her head on his shoulder.  Suddenly a song came on- one of my favorites.  I turned to Nico.

"Care to dance?" He smirked. 

"I can't dance, Solace."

"Sure you can! Just get up and move around!" I spun to give him the idea.  He shook his head.

"Nicoooooo!" I begged.  He looked at me softly, then he frowned.

"No can do, Sunshine." I sighed and turned away, then spun back and pulled Nico off the bench and into my arms.  

"Lets dance." I smiled, and he smiled too.

"You got me."

We danced for a while till a slower song came on.  He rested his head on my shoulder and we moved around to the beat, his hand in mine.  We stayed like that until the song ended, and then we left to get food.

After an exhausting evening of dancing, eating, drinking, and laughing, we finally got tired enough to leave.  I was walking to Nico's cabin with him, and he was practically sleeping.  I sighed and picked him up bridal style as we approached Main, and then we walked up the stairs and into his room. 

"Nico? You awake?" I asked gently, laying him in his bed. 

"Mmhmm? Will?"  My stomach fluttered and my heart skipped a beat as he turned to face me, his eyes closed.  I knew he was awake, though.  "Can you stay here tonight?"  He reached out and grabbed my arm gently.  I widened my eyes.

"Nico you know we're not allowed to..." I smiled in pity and because he was absolutely adorable.

"But please? Its so cold without you.." He whispered.  I hadn't noticed he was actually shivering. I frowned, then smiled.  

"Okay, Sunshine."  I saw him smile, half asleep, and pull me in by my arm.  As I lay next to him in his bed, he rested his head on my chest.  "Neeks?" I ran my fingers through his hair.  "I know it might be a bit soon, and I'm sorry, but... I love you."  I kissed his cheek. 

"Will, you sushiney idiot, I love you more."