Nico

I didn't remember much.  My side killed where the hydra swiped me.  I must've lost all my energy knocking it down... damn it why didn't I fight harder?!?  I groaned and opened my eyes.  I was on a bed... ohh this was the infirmary, wasn't it? I tried standing up, but as soon as I put weight on them my legs buckled and I was on the floor.  So I pulled myself back up on the bed and waited.  I had almost fallen asleep again when Will walked in.
"Hi." I said, my voice hoarse. Will jumped, dropping the tray he was holding. 
"Nico?"
"Yeah. Hi."
"Gods, Nico I'm so glad you're awake!!" He exclaimed in obvious relief before turning to look at me.  "I swear Di Angelo, if you scare me like that one more time I will kill you myself." He was furious, but his expression softened when I spoke.
"You make it sound like I died and came back.  How long was I out anyway? Couple hours?"
"A month, Nico. You could've died. Pouring all your dark energy into that almost melted you into shadows. Are you crazy?" He said softly, sitting on my bed. 
"I need to get up." I slipped off the blankets but once again my efforts were waisted when I fell down.  Will scooped me up and gently lay me back down.

"You need to rest. Doctor's orders." 

I sighed and crossed my arms.  

"For how long?"

"Since your awake... I'd say around three days."

"Fine."

Will fed me some ambrosia and soon I felt myself getting drowsy.  My eyelids drooped and my vision became blurry.  I was half asleep when I heard Will talk.

"Hey Neeks?"

"That one's new." My voice was soft.

"Hey Nico?"

"No, I liked it."

"Ok."

I drifted off to sleep, but not before hearing Will say something.  It was short and quiet, but I had heard it nonetheless.  

The next morning I woke with a start, wheezing and clutching my side.  

"Gods, Nico!! Stop doing that!"  Will yelled. He rushed over and helped me ease the pain. 

"Good morning to you, too." I groaned.  The rest of the day was a bore.  I watched Will help other students- a girl who had gotten a burn from the lava wall, a boy who was stung by a bee. I leaned my head on my hand and waited for sleep.  

"Oh, Nico?" I looked up at Will after he had brought me dinner.  

"Yeah, Solace?"

"I brought you something.  You're really talented."  He reached behind him and pulled out my sketchpad and pens, and my face lit up.   

"Thanks, Will." it was the first enthusiastic thing I had said in a really long while.  He smiled softly and looked into my eyes.  

"What are you thinking?" I asked smiling.  His smile faltered.

"What? Nothing, haha." He shook his head, unknowingly waving his messy blonde curls around and I cursed myself for being so hypnotized by him.  "You have to get some rest, Sunshine.  So go to sleep, and sleep well." I nodded and closed my eyes and he put a hand on my forehead.  

"G'night, Moonbeam." He stayed awake with me until I fell asleep.  

Will must've been up late last night, because when I woke up he was fast asleep, sitting with his head in his hands on my bed.  I decided not to wake him and quietly crept out of bed.  My balance was returning and I went outside to get him breakfast this time.  When I came back, my hands full with a tray, he was just waking up.  Perfect timing.  Will stretched and opened his eyes  wide.  He shook the sleep from his eyes.  Aww.  I nudged his shoulder.