Chapter 52

*6 weeks later*

Having something happen to you like what happened to me, basically makes your life stop as time goes on around you.

When we got in the accident, it was winter and now it's almost summer... It was March and now it's almost May.

But as I said, life stops.. For weeks, I had to lounge around my parents house and have them take care of me.

And yes, I said my parents house.. As much as I didn't want to go back to Florida, I felt like I owed my parents a few more months with me before they officially had to realize that I wasn't a child anymore.

But I'm glad I made the decision to go there because now, I'm sitting on a beach with Jc next to me.

We sat on the beach, watching our friends play out in the water.. We couldn't considering we're not completely healed yet.

I have to walk with forearm crutches until I can walk freely again, Jc walks with a slight limp, not very noticable until you point out the huge scar on his thigh, which most people can't even see. Jc's neck is healed completely, as well as my arm.. But we still are playing it safe.

I leaned into him as I sat thinking, this was the first beach that Jc ever brought me to. The beach where we ran into the psychic and where I got the call about my grandpa over a year ago.

And to think, we're still together almost 2 years later.

I stared over at my crutches that laid beside me, I wanted to be rid of them and be able to ride my skateboard around with Jc.. But of course, we basically have to learn how to ride all over again and that's going to take time.. But we first have to heal so maybe we won't even be able to skateboard this summer..

Just the thought of going away to college at the end of summer scares me.. I don't want to leave but I know it will bring me a lot of new opportunities. And yes, I have decided which college I will be attending come fall.. UPenn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

My new life awaits me 2,710.6 miles away, a whole new town, a whole new state, a shit ton of new people.. and worst of all, no Jc.

I know it tears him apart, we both thought that maybe I would get accepted to a school in Cali. But my test scores were too low for me to get accepted, the only college that accepted me a second time was UPenn. Whether it be far or not, that's where my future awaits.

After I told him that I would be attending UPenn in the fall, he wouldn't talk to me for a few hours until he finally sat me down and talked to me..

"Distance is not going to keep me from you. Whether you're in Pennsylvania or even Antartica, I'll still love you the same and I'm sure as hell not going to ever give up. I wish you would be going to school somewhere closer, and I know it was your only choice.. But I'm going to accept it sooner or later, whether it be tomorrow or even the day I send you off.. I'll be okay with it sooner or later. I love you, and my heart follows you everywhere."

I feel horrible for leaving all of them back in Los Angeles, but there's a place for me in UPenn and that place is Room 297.

"Babe." Jc said as he nudged me, I looked over at him as he took me out of my thoughts.

"You were like going off into another world again.." He said, I have been in my own thoughts a lot lately.. Not ever really paying attention to what's going on.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

"About?" I sighed as I threw my head back to lay flat on the nice cold sand.

"Everything." I said, he sighed and laid down next to me.

"In just a matter of months, we'll both have two totally different lives that either of us aren't in." He said.

"Don't say it like that, I don't want to have to start over."

"We're not starting over, we're just branching out our lives."

"I guess you could put it that way." I said, laughing a bit.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said, he sighed.

"Don't say that, we still have all summer." I closed my eyes and dreamed for a minute.

"I wish everything was just the way it was a few months ago. No broken bones, no worries." I said.

"Everything will get better with time, you'll be starting your future and I'll be here awaiting the arrival of my queen to come back."