Chapter 50

*A nurse's POV*

I stared at my fellow nurses as they tried to calm the boy that was currently freaking out in his bed. He had just woken up and I'm sure it's very traumatic to wake up after such a deadly car accident like their own.

"It's so sad, what happened.. They just got engaged and now this happens. I hear this was her last summer with him before she went off to college." My friend, Kaitlyn, said as she stood next to me in her own nurses uniform.

"That's horrible. What a horrible way to spend their last moments together." I said.

"Too bad they can't find her ring anywhere, I heard it was an expensive one.. They couldn't find it in the car, they're guessing it flew out of the car when it was in the air. They gave up looking for it considering it was something so small. I just wish they would've found it for her." She said, I sighed and stared at them as they strapped the boy to the bed.

"I heard when they were in transport she kept running her thumb over her ring finger, I don't think she realized it was gone." She said. I instantly felt bad for the girl, she's worse than the boy and she hasn't woken up yet. The doctors are worried that she's going to forget everything, they're worried she's not going to have any memory of anything leading up to the accident.. Maybe she'll forget she's engaged and she won't have any recollection of it, not even a ring.

It sounds kind of clique, considering that's what happened in that movie The Vow.. But it's actually happened before, I just don't want it to happen to his girl. She has tons of family sitting out in that waiting room waiting for her to wake up, she deserves to know she's engaged to this wonderful boy.

"I'm going on break. I'll be back in an hour." I said, I grabbed my coat and my keys from the nurses station and I ran out to my car in the parking lot, I quickly sped off to the accident site. They had roads blocked off, I parked off to the side and ran into the crash site, searching for that ring.

There was debris everywhere, pieces of car, pieces of their clothing from their suitcases, pieces of equipment.. It was sad.

I searched around the whole thing, careful not to hurt myself on the sharp edges of things. After over 45 minutes of looking, I gave up and started to walk back to my car.

But just as I was walking, something bright was glaring from about 30 feet away. The sun was shining and whatever it was was glaring my vision.. I ran over to it and picked up the tiny piece of metal.. The ring!

I found it, the ring wasn't anywhere near where they were searching.. That's why they didn't find it... I got back in my car and within seconds I returned to the hospital.

"You were due back here 10 minutes ago, Shannon." My boss told me.

"Stick a sock in it, Carolynn.. I went looking for the girls' ring and I found it." I said as I walked into their room. I walked over to the girl and slid it on her finger. Her hand tightened around mine, almost at a reflex. I smiled and looked over at the boy. His face wasn't swollen as much as it was earlier and I could finally see his actual facial expressions.

He smiled and nodded his head as much he could.

"Thank you." He mumbled.

"You're welcome."