What The Directors Of Eragon Got Wrong

*Spoilers alert*

This is going to be REAL long, just saying.

And I got this off of the Internet because I don't have time to write all their faults.

What they got wrong:

Book- Eragon had brown hair and brown eyes.
Film- Eragon had blonde hair and blue eyes.

*Also he was fifteen in the book and seventeen in the movie😠*

Book- Eragon was fifteen at the start of the story.
Film- Eragon was seventeen at the start of the story.

*Like I just said*

Book- The gedwëy ignasia mark is a circle and glows silver if the Dragon Rider uses a spell or reaches for magic.
Film- The gedwëy ignasia is in the shape of an 'e'.

*And looks like a scar*

Book- Zar'roc has a gold pommel with a ruby in it, and the handle is wrapped in silver wire. The sheath is of a wine-red color. Morzan's insignia is on the blade and sheath.
Film- Zar'roc has a silver pommel with a sapphire in it, and the handle is wrapped in leather.The sheath is black. Morzan's insignia is not on the blade or sheath.

*Still don't know how that made sense to them*

Book- The story takes place on the commence of winter.
Film- The story takes place in the middle of spring.

*I'm shocked it wasn't summer because weren't they trying to make the movie as opposite as it could be*

Book- Saphira breathes fire only at the climax of the final battle, and uses it to distract Durza so Eragon can kill him. Her fire is blue to match her scales.
Film- Saphira starts to breath fire right before the battle begins, and uses it to kill many enemies during the battle. Her fire is orange.

*😑*

Book- Saphira's scales are intense blue and she has bat-like wings with membranes and scales.
Film- Saphira is a rather dull grayish blue, and has feathers.

*DIE! 🔪 Die, fake Sapphira, die*

Book- Eragon gives Saphira her name.
Film- Saphira tells Erahon her name.

*After discovering she's a girl, of course*

Book- Saphira grows to full size over a period of months and is kept in the woods, grows up in a tree with a shelter made by Eragon.
Film- Saphira grows to full size instantaneously the moment she enters the air, never kept in the woods, has no shelter outside, kept in Eragon's room.

*I was not amused by this*

Book- Saphira has been lying in her egg for about a hundred years.
Film- After growing to full size, Saphira tells Eragon she has "waited a thousand years to hear his thoughts".

*Apparently she's older than the riders... and her mother, because her mother is younger than the riders*

Book- Eragon receives large bloody gashes between his legs, being ripped away by Saphira's hard scales, while flying into the Spine. They stay there for a night after Saphira hears about the Ra'zac.
Film- Eragon receives no such wounds, and Saphira flies him in the air for a few short minutes before dropping him off at his dead uncle's house.