Fast Sunday

So...  in my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we fast for two meals or until church ends on every first Sunday. Which kind sucks because there's one... group(if I say what it actually is called, probably no one will get it, so I'll stick with 'group') that doesn't start until either like 1:30 or 2:30 pm and doesn't end until like 5:00 pm. It was awful because of the hunger, but there's a reason behind it, which makes it worth it.
      The reason is that we're not eating, so we can give the money we would've spent on those two meals to our bishop, who gives it to the storehouse, who use the money to buy food for the poor.
     And, in my opinion, we're getting a sample of what it's like to not have enough food or water to go around. And reminds us to be thankful for what we have.

NOW(for people who are misinformed):

Please don't take something from here that doesn't exist! No, we are NOT starving ourselves. In fact, we all rush back home and eat something. AFTER we pray(breaking our fast, this comes after we get home) and do what we call 'fast offerings' which is the money we would've spent on those two meals(before we eat).

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean you should try to bring it down.  Get to know the ACTUAL facts before you start smashing down on my beliefs.

Thank you.

And, no, I'm not forcing this upon you. I'm just informing you of what is.

Message me if you have a problem. 

Thank you. 

Name a time when you had to fast for something(if you haven't, then... name a time when you really wanted something and you work really hard to achieve it) down in the comments below(or wherever the comment button may be)!

Bye, lovelies! Stay gorgeous!