Wolves in captiviy to wolf shelters

First thing first: I hate when wolves 'live' their lives on a chain.

    But a question I see a lot on the internet is 'why didn't they(someone who helped the wolf/ wolves escape the chain) just let the wolf back into the wild?!'

   Answer: Because in the wild wolves have to run FIFTY miles for food. And wolves in captivity don't. Usually they are on chains and are tossed meat their ways sometimes. So they don't know how to hunt very well, which leads to death by starvation. If they don't encounter any other animals that will kill them—death by mauling. So it would be like sending your dog out into the wild(they wouldn't last very long). Or sending a child to the middle of nowhere and expecting them to survive(which isn't likely). Which is why there are animal shelters made for wolves and wolf dogs. So they don't die in a very bad and sad way. And they can thrive in a way they wouldn't of if they were in the wild.

     Another question I see a lot: Why did they just take them from captivity and into another place with fences.

    Answer: Captivity is usually on a chain with not a lot of food, and they don't get taken care of—and are usually without their pack. A shelter has room and space for them to run, food, baths(even though they may not like it), and they are well look after—and they have their pack. I would chose the second one if I was a wolf. Plus wolf shelters usually try to make it like the wild, without the chance of them dying of unnatural causes.

---

Now... some might be able to, but usually wolves in captivity are born/ grown up in captivity can't. Which is why it's not good to just send the wolves free. They wouldn't have the skills needed for it.
      If they lived in the wild and then captured and released, they might be able to adjust back to their old lives.
      The question is: will they survive? Do they have the skills needed?

      Which, again, is why not all wolves are set free into the wild.

Thanks for reading!

Bye, lovelies! Stay gorgeous!