Alive Again

Three more days had gone by and Luna’s body had not yet been released from the cold grip that it was bound by.

            And she had just about lost her mind.

            She could not possibly sit still in her chair for another moment.  She couldn’t possibly not go to Hogwarts the next day.  And she couldn’t possibly even consider the fact that she could not see Neville.

            Luna refused to believe any of these nightmares could come true.

            And they wouldn’t.

            She wouldn’t let them!

            Gritting her teeth, squeezing her eye lids shut, and tightening her jaw, Luna tried with all of her might to move.  She focused all of her energy on her left hand, fighting with all of her will to chase away whatever was constricting her so.  Whatever was lurking in her blood stream and aching in her bones she wanted out.  And she wanted it out now.

            Deep inside, Luna knew she could not fight this.  Somewhere she knew that she wouldn’t recover.  But she shook the pessimistic thoughts away with a wave of her blonde crown…

            WAIT!

            Had…had she just…moved?

            Was it possible that she….yes!  She had moved her head; she could feel a lock of gold on her cheek.  It hadn’t been there before.  A screech of joy rose from her lips causing her daddy to rush to the scene.

            “What is it Luna?  Is everything alright?  Are you-”

            “Daddy,” she breathed through thin lips, interrupting him.  “I moved.”

            Shock filled his sorrow struck irises.  Then relief began to fill them in a watery way.  At this sight, Luna again tried to focus everything on her left hand.  And gently, gently, she raised it to her daddy’s cheek.  With her fingertips, light as feathers, she caressed his cool, pale skin.  As tears sprouted from his eyes, he grasped her equally cold hand, in his.  Tightly, tightly.

            The two, father, daughter, sat in silent tears.

            Finally, the man released the girl and held her shoulders back to stare at her own blurry orbs.  They were full of love.

            And fear.

            Though the girl had moved, she was still afraid that this could be only temporary.  That she would soon be back in her iceberg state; unmoving and frozen. But she knew that if that happened she couldn’t go to Hogwarts.  Instead, she’d probably be spending her unlimited free time on a sterile cot at Mungo’s, the wizard hospital in London.  This thought only made her sobbing return in a more distressed manner.

            Still staring at his daughter, Mr. Lovegood seemed to telepathically know what was on his baby’s mind and it scared him as well.  He couldn’t handle seeing another female in his family on those hospital beds.  His wife’s departure was already too much for him.  His Luna would kill him for sure.

            “Luna,” he said, a new resistance lit up in his green eyes.  “Listen to me.  You’re not giving up.  You’re going to be okay and we’re going to be okay.”  He spoke in the plural knowing that her health wouldn’t only help her but him as well.  Luna still seemed to have a desperate, defeated expression to her frigid face.  He shook her shoulders slightly, getting her to look at him in the eye.  “Luna.  We will be fine.”

            “Okay,” she whispered through her teeth with a cold tongue.  “I know it will.”

            A questioning look overtook Mr. Lovegood’s face.

            “Because I’m with you,” she whispered.

---

I feel like an awful teaser!  Okay, so super sorry it's short and kind of not going anywhere yet.  And yeah, I feel evil for making you think she was getting better.  Well, perhaps she may soon..... who knows? (hrm, I'm not sure if I do yet...hehehe!)  SOOOOOOOOOO sorry for the like month long wait but a lot's been going on.  I will do my best to write more in the coming weeks. K, thanks for reading everyone!!!!!!! :D