Run

Thanks so much for waiting everyone!  Remember, I’m trying to stick closer to the book than the movie, so the next few scenes will probably seem different if you haven’t read the books.

            Luna could feel her heart pounding in her chest and her breaths in her ears.  She ran down the nearest aisle, feeling at least two of the others fall into step behind her.  There was one thing that scared her most about the Death Eaters: while Luna and her friends might be reluctant to do any serious damage, they definitely weren’t.  Also, the Death Eaters had the advantage of apparation, meaning they could appear and disappear at any time.  Her wand was clutched tightly in her sweaty palm.

            She felt two of her peers fall into step behind her.  One quick look told her it was the two redheads.  A crash resounded not too far behind.  The noise of shattering glass filled her ears.

            There was a door not too far ahead.  Perhaps there was somewhere they could hide.  Almost there, almost there…

            Luna was thrown to the ground, just shy of opening her knees on the glass around her.  She wasn’t sure if Ginny and Ron were as lucky.  Looking up, two Death Eaters stared down at them, wands in hand.  But before Luna could even think, a girl’s voice screamed, “REDUCTO!” and one of the Death Eaters flew away, seeming to obliterate.  There was no doubt that it was Ginny; reducto was her specialty.

            Gathering herself, Luna sent her own charm at the second, “Expelliarmus!”  She didn’t know why, but that was just what popped out.  The wand began to fly somewhere in the dark, but thinking quickly, she then said, “Accio wand!” and the Death Eater’s wand was in her hand.  She slipped it in her belt.

            Ron had blood running from his lip.

            “Are you alright?” she asked him.  He only laughed.  Not a good sign.

They ran forward, bursting through the door that (thankfully) was open.  Ron slammed the door behind them.  The three proceeded cautiously, the room pitch-black.

            Ron began to giggle, growing louder now.

            “Ronald, shh!” Luna whispered urgently.  Oh, she hoped that the others were alright!

“Lumos,” Ginny whispered.  Her wand lit up the room.  It was full of tanks and thickliquid.  Inside were…bodies.

            Ginny screamed.

            Not two seconds later, the door on the other side of the room burst open.  Two more Death Eaters stood in their path to the exit.  There was no time to dive for cover.  Luna raised her wand, but not quickly enough.  One of the Death Eaters flicked his wand in her direction, and she fell to the ground.  Blood gushed from her nose at an incredible pace.  It felt as if all of the blood was being drained out of her body.  A headache made her cringe, and she couldn’t get up.  She felt like she was going to pass ou—

            Ron and Ginny both screamed, “STUPIFY!” and the Death Eaters flew backwards.  Instantly, her nose stopped bleeding.  Luna quickly got to her feet, ignoring the head rush that was probably part of the aftermath of the curse. 

            Almost to the door, Ron had just reached the threshold when Ginny screamed.  Looking back, she was on the ground, a Death Eater clutching to her ankle.  A crack echoed through the room. With his wand, the Death Eater swiped the door behind them closed.

            “Reducto!” Ron shouted, blowing away the villain.  Luna rushed to Ginny’s side and tried to help her up.  Ron just stood where he was.

            “Ronald!  Snap out of it!  Help me!” Luna said anxiously.  As if a switch had flipped, Ron shook his head and came over and helped Ginny up, lifting her to her feet under her arms, the helped her hobble over to the door.  She couldn’t put any pressure on her ankle.

They burst through the door, walking, almost literally, into Harry.  Only a little bit behind him was Neville, carrying an unconscious Hermione.  They were back in the brain room.

            “Her-HICCUP-mione!” Ronald cried, clearly distraught as he ran over to his friend.  The giggles seemed to changing into diaphragm spazzums.

            “Ginny, what happened?” Harry asked in dismay, looking at her as she leaned against the wall, closing her eyes in pain.

            “Well, you—HICCUP—see,” Ron began, “A bloody De—HICCUP—eath Eater grabbed her ankle but I shot a Reductor Spell at him and he went poof!”

            “Poof?” Harry asked, confused.

            “I don’t know what they shot him with,” Luna explained, “but he’s been loopy ever since.”

            “Loopy,” Ron hiccupped/giggled at the same time.  “Loopy Lovegood.  No, Harry, this is Loony Lovegood, right here!”  He knew how much she disliked that nickname, but she would excuse him this once, seeing the state he was in.

            “Luna,” Neville said shyly, “you have a little bit of blood on your face…”  She smiled at his own bloody nose.

            “You do, too, Neville,” she replied with a small smile.

“Well,” Harry interrupted, “Luna can you help Ginny?”

            “Yes, of course.”

            “No!” Ginny cried, throwing up her hand in protest.  “I can do it myself!”  But she was deceiving herself, because as soon as she tried to stand, she fell onto Luna’s ready arm.

            Just then, Bellatrix, a legion of Death Eaters behind her, started to come through a door to Luna’s left.  “There they are!” she screeched.

            “Colloportus!” Luna cried, and the door slammed shut in the witch’s face.

            “Neville, Luna!  Help me with the rest!” Harry called as he worked to shut the other doors to the room.

            Luna turned to close the next door, starting to cast the spell.  But mid-sentence, a face appeared in the doorway.  Luna didn’t even see the wand that cursed her as she flew across the room, and landed on the ground.

            Ouch…ow, ow, ow,owowow…

            And the dim lights in the brain room faded out.