An Uneventful Day

(sorry guys.  This one's kinda short and boing.  I just had to introduce some characters.  So bare with me!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna woke the next morning on the hall floor of the 5th level wearing yesterday’s robes and her pair of socks.  She had been sleepwalking again.  Perhaps she should start wearing shoes to bed. 

Fifteen minutes later Luna was back in the common room with a fresh set of robes, hair brushed, and she spotted her shoes.  They were hanging, laces tied together, around the neck of the Ravenclaw statue, eight feet off the ground.  She craned her neck to see them, the red standing out bright against the white marble.

“Nargles,” she muttered.  And with the flick of her wrist and a murmur from her lips, the shoes floated down into Luna’s outstretched arms.  Nasty little creatures they were.  She had read about them in last month’s edition of The Quibbler.  After tying her shoes to her feet and applying a fresh set of orange radish-like things to her ears she grabbed her school bag and rushed off to breakfast.

There was the usual clatter of plates, drowsy conversations, and hoot of owls as they flew in with the morning post.  A tawny-colored owl with white speckles flew over Luna’s head and landed beside her plate of waffles and strawberry jam.  Luna quietly read her letter from Daddy, wishing her well on her first day of classes, sipping her pumpkin juice.  When she finished, the owl tilted its head expectantly.  Luna extended her goblet towards the owl and it dipped its beak in.  Smiling as the creature squawked in pleasure and took off, Luna peered down the Ravenclaw table to see Professor Flitwick passing out schedules.

Professor Flitwick was the head of the Ravenclaw house.  He was about one and a quarter meters high and had a highly unattractive looking face.  Flitwick had a scruff of black hair on the top of his wrinkly head and his shoes were about size 20.  He was also the Charms teacher, one of Luna’s favorite classes, and the choir director.

Eventually, he had hiked his way up towards Luna.  “Well, here you go, Luna, your schedule.”

“Thank you, professor,” she said politely.  He nodded to her response and muttered something about that being his first “thank you” of the day. 

Luna looked down at her schedule for the day:

Class                                         Teacher

Charms                                       Professor Flitwick

Double Herbology                       Professor Sprout

Lunch                                            -

Defense Against the Dark Arts    Professor Umbridge

Potions                                       Professor Snape

Transfiguration                          Professor McGonagall