Escaping

I put one of my favorite lines from the Harry Potter movies in this one.   :)  Hope you guys like it!

---

            As soon as Professor Umbridge, Hermione, and Harry left, Draco turned to them and grinned.

            “I admit I’m looking forward to Hogwarts without all of you,” he said, still smirking at them in their helpless state.  The other Slytherins chuckled along with him.  “Let’s see, now,” he pondered, “we’ve got two weasels, one good-for-nothing, and a freak.  Everybody accounted for?”  They all laughed at the lame joke, again.

            “Don’t forget the dumb blonde,” Ginny spit at him, feistily.

            Malfoy laughed.  “Oh, you mean her?” he said, pointing a finger in Luna’s direction.  A new chorus of snickers erupted.

            Several            more minutes passed where Luna simply zoned out.  She didn’t’ want to hear anything else from any of the rest of them.  Instead, she wondered what would happen after an angry Umbridge came back without what she’d been looking for.  Luna knew for sure she’d be expelled, but what would become of her then?  She still had so many things she wanted to learn!  What would Daddy say?

            But then again, this was a serious matter.  It wasn’t just getting a detention for being tardy to class one too many times.  It was being expelled for rebelling against a tyrant and for trying to have school the way school was intended to be.  Daddy would understand.  She knew he would.

“I’m hungry,” Ron groaned, all of a sudden.  “I’ve got some food in my robe pocket, can I get it?”

            “How do I know you’re not hiding something else in there, Weasel King?”

            “What could I do?  You’ve got all of our wands,” Ron replied, nodding his head towards Umbridge’s once proper and neat desk now strewn with their wands, including Harry and Hermione’s.

            “Whatever,” Draco said dismissively, rolling his eyes.  “Goyle, get whatever it is out of his pocket.”

            Carefully, Goyle kept his wand pointed at Ron and rummaged through his pocket until he pulled out a box.  “This it?” he asked in a gruff voice.

            “Yup.  Can I have it now?” Ron asked.

            “Hey!” Crabbe cried.  “That looks like candy!  I’m hungry,” and with that dove his greedy hand into the box and threw a handful of green candies into his mouth.  As he was chewing, his face started to turn pale, then a faint green.  Looking closer, Luna saw printed on the side of the box the words “The Skiving Snackbox: Weasley & Weasley Product”.  Luna grinned.

            And in a moment, Crabbe was throwing up all over Goyle who let go of Ron in the mess.  Ron lept free and grabbed his wand.  Crabbe who had been gripping Neville, released him to proceed to puke everywhere. Ron tossed Neville’s wand to him.

Luna took this moment of chaos to break free of her distracted captor whose name she unfortunately did not know.  Ginny was now struggling with Pansy, but with a well-aimed Stunning Spell from Ron, Pansy stumbled back and Ginny was able to lurch towards her wand.  Draco looked like he was about to gag at the sight of Crabbe’s half-digested lunch on the floor and narrowly missed a Disarming Charm from Neville.  Malfoy aimed a weak stunning spell at Luna while she was busy jinxing Pansy, but Ron saved her with a quick defensive charm. 

Then in a moment, all the Slytherin’s seemed to be occupied.  Crabbe was still doubled over vomiting, Goyle was out cold, Pansy seemed to be crying over some scratches, the other Slytherin had just received a rather harsh Impediment Jinx from Neville, and Ginny served Malfoy a very excellent Bat Bogey Hex, covering his face in grotesque flapping things.  Draco was screaming like a child and hitting himself in the face.

The gang took the chance and fled the room.  Luna was the last out and quickly shut the door, sealing it with a hasty hex.  She was sure they wouldn’t appreciate it when they were ready to come after them.

Smiling to herself, they ran down the corridors of Hogwarts disturbing gaggles of second years, flying through groups of sixth years, and running past a small group of teachers who quietly cheered them on as they ran by.  News, or noise, had travelled fast through the building.

Then, they were outside and running towards the Forbidden Forest.  They breached the edge of the forest and hadn’t gone too far before they heard a familiar voice.

“Harry, how do you plan on getting to London?” Hermione was asking.

“Yeah, we were just wondering that,” Ron said in their direction, pushing past some bushes to reveal their location.  Harry and Hermione turned to Ron, Neville, Luna, and Ginny, shock clear on their faces.

“How did you escape?” Harry asked with obvious surprise.

“It was Ron’s idea to give them some Puking Pustules and Crabbe started throwing up everywhere!” Ginny piped in.

“Really?” Hermione said incredulously.

“Always the tone of surprise,” Ron murmured with a smile.  Hermione smiled back.

“And-and then Ron stunned someone and gave me my wand, and-and then Luna hit someone with something and it was like: BOOM! And-and then I shot an Impediment Jinx at someone and-AND then Ginny threw this AWESOME Bat Bogey Hex thing at Draco and-AND—”

“AND,” Ginny added, “he might have over exaggerated just a little bit.”  Everyone laughed.

“What happened to Umbridge?”” Ron asked curiously.

“Oh, she just got carried off by a herd of centaurs,” Hermione said casually.

 “And they left you?”

“Nah, Grawp chased them away,”

“Who’s Grawp?” Luna asked, her voice lofty and somewhat interested.

“Hagrid’s little brother,” Harry said quickly.  “Anyways, how do we get to London?” he asked, bringing everyone back to reality and the task at hand.

“How else?” Luna said suddenly, realizing something.

“How else that what?” Harry asked, turning to her, interested now.

“We fly.”