~ 19 ~

Arvin let me cry not even bothered that I just got his tee-shirt wet from my tears and probably something I don’t even what to think about but none a less, he let me pour my heart out.

When I couldn’t cry any longer, I pull away and start whipping my tears with the back of my hands while letting out hiccups. Arvin sat up and walk to the table where a few bottle of drinks and plastic cup rest.

I watch as he took a bottle of water and pour some in the cup before handing it to me. “Drink.” He said which I gladly took and greedily drank. “Do you want another one?” I shake my head as he made he place the cup on the nightstand before making himself comfortable at the armchair. “You can tell me whenever you’re ready.”

With a deep breath, I told him everything from the very beginning of Alex’s story to what Bruce had said. How I found out I was second mates to both of them and how scared I really was if I found my mate out there. I also told him how Brian had been treating me so nice and how Alex tries his best to win me again but the feel of leading them was so great that I started crying again.

I didn’t want both of them to get hurt, they both don’t deserved it even though Alex hurts me by rejecting me and Brian, Brian had hurt me by hiding the fact that I’m his second mate and only telling me now when he felt threaten.

“I really don’t know what to do anymore!” I whined like a baby.

“Well, I really can’t say anything beside tell both of them that you’re still unsure about your feeling.” I nod as Arvin continues on. “With your family, I think it would be wise to actually go and talk to them but only when you’re ready.”

I bite the bottom of my lips and nod once again. “I still don’t know what to say though. I mean I just can’t knock on their door and be like ‘hey! I’m really your daughter!’”

“How about we ask Bruce?” I arch an eyebrow at him with ‘are you kidding me?’ look. “Think about it. Bruce can ask your family to come to the pack house and explain a bit of the situation without revealing all the details. Then you can carry on by letting them promise to listen to you first before they say anything like what Alex asks for you.”

Frowning, I process what he said in my head. The plan actually sound very tempting but what I worry about is how they’re going to react. Will they hate me? Be mad at me? Will they welcome me back into their lives and be one big family again?

Eyes widening and muscles tensing up I look at Arvin in panic, who looks at me with worry. “What’s wrong?” He asks kneeling in front of me.

“If I tell them, I won’t be able to leave!” I said and groaned. “Oh god! I know my parents! They will pull out the guilt trip trick and make stay here!”

“Cherry, calm down!” Arvin said putting both of his hands on my shoulder. “Take some deep breath.” Following his instruction I took a deep breathes. “That’s right, just keep it up.” After a few minutes of silence and me breathing deeply, Arvin smile and ask, “Better?”

“Yeah, thank you.” I said with a nod. “I still don’t know what to do.” I groan as let myself fall on the bed, palms on my face.

“How about just tell them why you want to leave and make a bargain with them.” He said. I mumble an ‘I’ll think about it’ before Arvin got up from his seat and lean forward kissing my forehead. “I need to go and help out now, I’ll see you later.” I nod and watch him leave, closing the door behind him.

The room went silent with no other sound beside the dripping sound of my I.V., one of the advantages I see in being a werewolf, you can hear well than human.

I sigh, tilting my head to the right, looking out of the window. I let out a snort as I look at my situation. It wasn’t even a full whole week and my past was already a head of me and now I felt like I was stuck in one of those T.V. dramas.

I continue to watch the sky until I felt myself drifting to sleep. “I got a bad feeling about this.” I mumble yawning.

It only felt like I just my eyes seconds ago but now I found myself wide awake in very dark empty room. I groan and sat up clearing my dry aching throat.

I nearly sigh out of relief when a notice a jug of water and a glass on the nightstand. I smile gratefully for whoever put it there as I pour myself a glass of water and drank it.

Pulling the glass away from my lips, I sigh in relief, contempt.

I lick my dried lips, sitting up properly on the bed. “Wow, this is actually creepy.” I mumble looking around the room. “God, is there even anything to do here?”

I nearly jump out of the bed when the bathroom door creep open, revealing a half-asleep Alex, dragging himself to the sofa. I watch amuse as he seems to be oblivious that I woke up.

Alex drops on the sofa, face first before closing his eyes. I giggle making him jump onto his feet, wide and alert. He looks around the room, growling protectively making burst out laughing.

He looks at me confuse before his eyes widen and in the blink of an eye he was right beside me, pampering about how I feel or how I was.

“I’m fine, I’m fine.” I said for like the gazillion time. Alex relaxes with a sigh before looking up with a smile. “Do you need anything?” He asks.

“It would be great if I can get something to eat or nibble.” I said just as my stomach rumbles. Embarrass I look down at my hands like it was the most interesting thing in the room.

Alex chuckles, sending embarrassing and naughty thought. I frown at my hand as I blush crimson.

“Do you want home cook or take out?” He ask letting out a soft short chuckle.

I debate in my mind of a couple more minutes before smiling goofily. “Take out?” I ask.

“Double cheese burger with large fries and large cola.” He stated.

Shock, I start at him wide eyes and open mouth. “H-how?” I stuttered trying to form the question in my mind.

Alex blushes and turns around. “I’ll be back in a minute.” He mumbles, walking out of the room. Mouth still open, I look at the close door.

How the hell did he knew? I ask myself again and again. “No one knows about my favourite foods.” I mumble, frowning. “How?”

I look up to see Alex walking back in with a paper bag from McDonalds. “That was quick.” I ask, confuse.

“There was one a block away from here.” He said with a shrug. Taking a quick stride to the table, he grabs a bed tray and start emptying the bag. “They don’t have any cola left so I grab you, your second favourite Tango.”

I watch as he grabs the tray and walk next to me with a smile but that smile soon fell when the next words left my mouth, “How did you know all this?” His face paled and avoid eye contact as he place the tray just on top of my leg. “Are you not going to answer my question?” I ask, irritated.

Alex sighs and run his finger through his hair. “I promise I’ll tell you some other time, for now eat.” I huff, dropping the subject just as my stomach let out another embarrassing growl. “Whatever.” I mumble, stuffing my mouth with fries.