~ 17 ~

Three days had pass since the incident with Alex and since then he didn’t visit me again. Since I couldn’t go out and look for him myself, I made Arvin, Tyler and the twins to gang up on him for information but it seems that Alex was no where to be found.

 Brian stayed by my side all through out and telling me to leave it alone and give the guy some privacy which by the way still baffled me on why he was taking his side, telling me that it must be hard to explain or Alex still haven’t found the right way to tell me his ‘problem’.

 Strange, right?

 But that’s not the only strange thing that he’s been doing. Lately he’s a little bit too distant and not only that he seems to be at the edge lately. Jumping when I suddenly call his name or when I tap his shoulder.

 He didn’t make eye contact with me as well which actually hurt. At first I thought I did something wrong but then I thought of something, something which going to cost this kind of reaction, his mate.

 Finding enough courage I told him that I’ll be alright if he chooses her over me. At first he look at me confuse until I drop the bomb shell that make my chest hurt as I told him I’ll understand if he goes to his mate.

 Which by the way leads me to where I am now and my own humiliation as Brian laughs at me. It wasn’t even a chuckle or short friendly laugh. It was a full on throaty laugh that definitely going to hurt his stomach any minute now.

 “What the hell is soo funny?” I yelled, annoyed.

 Brian let out a few more laugh before trying to catch his breath by breathing deeply and long. “I’m sorry.” He said after gaining his composure. “I shouldn’t have laugh at you like that but I’m really I’m grateful to hear a bit of jealousy there.” He winks at me as I blush furiously.

 “I don’t care about that!” I snap, slightly embarrass. “I want to know why you’re laughing at me.”
Brian sat at the edge of the bed and holding both of me hands with his. “I’m laughing because of what you said. I mean I won’t leave you just because of my mate.”

 Frowning I was ready to debate about it when he place a finger against my lips before holding onto my hand once again.

 “Four years ago, I found my mate.” He said making my chest tightens. “She moved next to my uncle’s garaged. At that time, I use to help him with it just before my parents pass down their title to me.”

 I watch as his face softens from the memory and a distant look of love was there. I felt a lump in my throat and the feeling of throwing up my lunch was more tempting than to hear his past with his mate.

“I knew right away that she was mate, the moment she steps out of her parent’s car.” He let out a chuckle with a shake of his head. “I court her, trying my best to woo her into my arms. I failed quite a lot but she soon gave in.

We dated each other for two years and on our second anniversary I had enough courage to tell her about our kind. I took her near the cliff and watch the sunset before taking her to a fancy restaurant.”

He let out a force chuckle, yanking his finger through his hair and put on the most betrayed look on his face as he continues, “I love her soo much and not just because of this stupid mate bond but I guess she didn’t felt the same towards me.”

Brian looks up and stared at me with so much sadness. “I took her home but I didn’t even have the time to explain everything when she suddenly a guy came out of no where and demand who I was.

She looks at me in panic before she tries to pry the guy away from me. Of course I demand the same thing but she didn’t answer my question. She just walks inside her house dragging the guy with her.