~ 03 ~

Previously in Hidden Truth

“Lou?” Kathleen whispered but not low enough because everyone look at her before they look at me with wide eyes.

Oh shit! I thought.

~*~

Shit! Lee cuss in the mind link.

What are you going to do now? Brian adds clearly panicking.

Calm down boys. I replied with high confident. Watch and learn boys.

I look at Kathleen with a blank expression and narrowed my eyebrows together creating a confuse look. “Excuse me?” I ask hinting my ‘confusion’.

“Y-you aren’t Lou?” Kathleen stutters.

“I’m sorry but my name isn’t Lou it’s Cherry, Cherry Ashton.” I answered while putting on my fake smile.

“Oh.” She said before she looks at Ken with so much sadness and pain that made me doubt that they’re my older siblings. “I’m sorry. You two look soo much alike.” She looks at me before weakly smiling at me. There was so much emotion running through her eyes. There was sadness, regret, guilt, pain and hope?

What’s going on? I ask through the mind link. Are they planning a prank or something?

I don’t think so. Arvin said through the mind link. The two looks like they really are in pain.

“Um…” I trail off looking at everyone else as the awkward silence stretch.

The trio looks confuse, not catching up with what’s going on, Bruce, Josie, Joey and the girl clinging to Alex looks like they bought my lie but Athena had a knowing smile on her face while she looks at me while Alex was frowning at me. The same frown he made when we learn that we’re mates.

“Right!” Bruce said breaking the awkward silence. “I guess you all must be tired. How about I’ll show you your rooms and let you all settle in.”

“That would be nice.” Arvin replied politely. Mentally he let out a sigh of relief making me hold back a smile. Everyone knew Arvin have a short temper time to time but he dislike awkwardness more than being interrupted.

Everyone step aside for Bruce while we follow behind him except Josie and Arvin who was walking beside him. The two men were talking about random stuff, ignoring the rest of us, even Josie who’s practically trying hard to get both of the men’s attention.

“So…” The girl who was still clinging to Alex said getting our attention beside the three in front of us. “Which pack are you guys from?”

“Crescent.” Tyler said proudly.

“Really!” She squeals making me wince at how high her voice can get. “I heard you got this really hot third in command and he’ll be helping us rebuild our pack! Soo, which one of you is Mr Hotshots?” She looks at Tyler then to Brian and finally the twins.

Tyler, Brian, Lee and Leo took a glance at each before bursting out laughing. I smirk as I watch the four idiots clutch their stomach as they laugh. Their laughter soon catches everyone’s attention in the pack house as they stare at them with a frown. “What’s going on?” Arvin asks confuse.

Brian points a shaking finger at the girl still laughing. “S-she” laughs “S-she.” Brian laughs harder making him fall on the floor with the rest of the guys who were now rolling on the floor laughing.