~ 21 ~

xXstaceyXx Thank you for fanning! >.< You’re my 50th fan! :D I really appreciate it because I know you like my story! :)

Thanks again!

:) Enjoy!

Nessa xx

~*~

Time seems to stop at that instant as she continues to stare at me unmoving. It was as if she suddenly turns into a statue.

“Mum?” I ask worried.

And again, she didn’t made any movement or sign of movement. She just stood there, staring at me and constantly blinking normally.

Her honey blonde hair seems to be dull and dry and messily pulled back into a messy high bun. Her face seems less tan than the last time I saw her as if she hadn’t been out in the sun for too long. There were dark bags under her eyes with an exhausted look.

“Are you alright mum?” I ask again.

Slowly I reach up to touch her shoulder but quickly pull back my hand as she flinch away from my touch.

Hurt, I look at Arvin for help. I caught him frowning at my mother before looking at me with sadness.

There must be a reason for it. He advice through the mind link but yet his voice were unsure.

I nod my head and look at my mum who was now glaring at me as she looks at me up and down.

I doubt she’ll recognise me. I thought and it was true. For the past two years I change drastically, not only physical but also mentally.

The once chubby naïve little girl was gone, replace by a woman who – I been told – a body to die for.

“It’s really me mum, Lady-Lou except I’m called Cherry Ashton now.” I said pleadingly. This time I got a different respond from her, a respond I expect her to show.

Once I mention I was called differently, mum look up at my face and glare at me. That’s right! My loving caring mother who wouldn’t even hurt a fly was murderously glaring at me.

If looks can kill I was dead on the spot.

Her glare felt so intense that I couldn’t help but feel intimidate. Something I haven’t felt for two years now.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to pull but my daughter would never do such thing!” She said and slams the door at our face.

“Plan B?” I said, staring at the close door.

“What’s plan B?” Arvin ask, clearly puzzled.

“Bruce.” I said miserably.

Arvin places an arm around my shoulder. “You have to understand, they haven’t seen you for two years and now you just came out of the blue.” He said. “They’re just shock.”

“I know.” I said with a nod.

I sigh and walk with my head low. Pushing back the tears, we walk back to the pack house in silence.

“I’ll go talk to Bruce about it, okay?” Arvin said as soon as we enter the pack house.

“Thanks.” I said and sprint straight to my room.

I close the door behind me and lean back on it as I slowly slide down on the floor just like my tears.

Silently I cried not able to take my mind off the look she gave me. It was mixed with disappointment, betrayed, hurt and doubt.

I don’t know how long I was crying but the next thing I knew Arvin knock on my door. “Cherry, I talk to Bruce and he said tomorrow evening after dinner you’ll be able to talk to them.”

I didn’t reply or more likely I didn’t trust my voice at that moment. But I heard him sigh before walking away from my room.

How can they know when I need some space? I thought with a smile.

Pulling myself off the floor and dragging my feet to the bathroom, I stare at my reflection through the mirror.

My face was pale as a ghost while my eyes are red and puffy from all the crying. The tip of my nose was red. I’m a mess. I thought.

Splashing some cold water on my face, I stare up back at my reflection. The root of my hair was soaking with my beads of water all over my face.

Maybe she didn’t recognise because of my hair? I did bleach it blonde and mum always like my jet black hair.

Or maybe because I’m wearing a bit of make up now but then I did wear a bit of it back then.

Is it my height? I did grow a few inches since back then or is it my skin colour? I did have a tan skin now compare from before.

I groan out of frustration. Forcefully, I grab my towel and wipe the water off before hurriedly sprinting out of the pack house.

There’s no point hiding now. Everything is out in the open. I thought as I enter the mall.

Stopping at the drug store, I grab a hair dye. The same colour of my old hair colour. I quickly paid for it and nearly sprint to the clothes section.

I grab a basket and pass the new trend section. I quickly filled my basket with plain tee-shirt, some jeans and some plain day dress.

Satisfied with the stuff in my basket, I quickly as possible paid for my stuff before sprinting back to the pack house and into my room.

I emptied my shopping bag on my bed and grab the hair dye. With a final sigh, I walk back into the bathroom.

Time for another changed. I thought, opening the box and mix the developer and tube of the hair colour.

I shake the developer bottle until all the white cream had changed into black. Sectioning my hair, I start applying the hair dye.