Prologue

Hi Everyone!

This is one of my stories that I wrote before I found out about Wattpad! I hope you like it!

P.S. Also check out the lovely cover that Soumii made! :)

Nessa xx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I rolled my eyes before throwing the book on my hand, watching it lands on my bedroom floor with a thud. It was the third book I read today about our kind and it was full of B.S. which I ended up laughing my head off and I rarely laugh anymore.

In all three books they mention that werewolves were always good looking and oh how much I wish that was true.

After all I am werewolf and I trust me I have no luck in the looks department. The fact that my older brother and sister were the lucky one makes everything worse for me and because of my looks. I’m in the bottom of the social ladder in school and in the pack. While my brother and sister is on top.

What’s more cliché was the signs when someone finds their mate. The feeling of being suck into some kind of world where no one else exist but them, they were absolute bull.

They did get some things right about our kind. Like we can feel this kind of a pull towards our mate, we can communicate through mind link in human or wolf form, we can shift to a wolf and our wolf is bigger than normal wolfs and also but not least we have to be mark by our mate to claim us as theirs. Also we don’t need a particular age to be able to shift. The truth is as long our body feels ready we can shift and there’s no pain at all. It all happens in mere seconds that all we feel are slight numbness and the next thing we know we are standing with four paw.

I got up off the bed with a heavy sigh and stood in front of the mirror. A girl with curly long jet black hair with baby blue eyes stared straight at me. She have straight nose but not pointy or big but it was kind of small like a button with small pinkish-red pout-like lips and sun-kissed tan skin.

I raise my right hand and the girl did the same thing. I clench my hand into a fist and the girl with chubby finger did the same. I sigh and let my hand drop to my side as I look at my chubby self one more time.

I sigh dejectedly and dragged myself to my wardrobe to get changed for the pack meeting. Ever since I turned sixteen a month ago, I automatically have the responsibility to show myself in every pack meeting as it was a tradition in our pack.

I pulled my baggy jeans on, a black long sleeve top with turtle neck and my favourite lavender cardigan before grabbing my black converse.

Walking back in front of my mirror, I grab my hair brush from my dressing table and brush my hair up before tying it up into a high ponytail letting my curls flow pass my shoulder.

“Hurry up Lou! Or will be late!” My older sister, Kathleen shouts at the bottom of the stairs, using my nickname. I sigh and run down the stairs. “God, why do you take so long to get ready when we both know you won’t look any better?”

She checks me from head to toe and made a disgusted look while her twin and my older brother Kennedy or what he likes to be called Ken stood next to his car, laughing.

I look at both of my older sibling and mentally rolled my eyes. The both of them were in fact what the humans describe as good looking werewolf.

I was pulled out of my thought as Kathleen moved. She made her way to the passenger side of Ken’s car and I followed behind her, sitting at the backseat like I normally do.

The trip to the pack house was at least an hour drive from where we live. I, of course wasted an hour of my life listening to my older sibling’s insults.

The pack house was soon into view and I felt my stomach twist as I already knew what would happen after our alpha and the rest of the adult leaves leaving all younger generation to hang out.

It was always the same, they would laugh at me, insult me and humiliates me but I still hope that my mate would come and save me from this hell.

The meeting soon start as soon as we got inside as we were the only one left to wait. It drags on for an hour and half before the alpha decide to finish the meeting. We all stood up and slightly bow our head as the alpha made his way out of the door a sign of respect we always do whenever a pack meeting finish.

“What took you so long?” Ken’s best friend and soon to be alpha, Bruce said, draping his arms around Ken’s shoulder and playfully punching Ken’s arm with his free hands.

“My loser…” He trailed off, looking disgusted. “The loser took her time getting ready probably trying to make herself look less fat and ugly but in my opinion she still look shit.” Everyone laughs and looks at me like I was in a freak show.

Ken and Kathleen were both smirking along with Bruce, Joey our soon-to-be beta who was next to their other best friend Alexander Taylor or Alex for short.

However, Alex wasn’t laughing at all like he usually does as he frowns at me. My eyes lock gaze with his and the sudden pull was there and I realise straight away why he wasn’t laughing at me.

I gasps making everyone shut up. “Mate.” I mutter to myself but I knew everyone heard it as they all gasps. I smiled, happy to finally found my mate but Alex seems to feel the opposite as he narrowed his eyes at me and let out a low angry growl.

I felt everyone fidget at the energy Alex let out even I fidget and I’m his mate. “Stop f***ing lying you fat loser!” Alex hiss and I felt my heart breaks into million pieces.

I open my mouth to protest but Alex was soon in front of me holding me by my neck. The tingling feeling shoot up from my neck before spreading to my whole body but rather than enjoying the feeling, I found myself struggling to breath.

“If I f***ing hear you lie about you being my mate, I’ll f***ing kill you!” He growled before dropping me as he turns around and walks away.

Kathleen and Ken send me their deadly glares before following Alex along with Bruce and Joey in tow. I felt everyone looks at me and I knew they are all glaring at me especially the girls who had a thing for Alex.

I sniff and got up before running out of the pack house as fast as I can to get home. When I finally reach home, I grabbed my biggest duffle bag and dump all the clothes and anything else I would need before writing a quick note to our parents letting them know I had enough and I won’t come back home.

I left the note on our parent’s bed before I bolted out of the door running out of the pack territory and in the same time making sure the night guards won’t see me and stops me from running away.

Without any destination to go to, I took the first bus my eyes landed on the nearest town I found.