~ 22 ~

After a long shower and trying to wash off that awful smell of the hair dye, I quickly dried myself and wrap my hair with a towel as I changed into my nightgown.

With a long defeated sigh, I pull down the towel and look at myself on the mirror.

My hair was everywhere, reminding me of medusa but over all, I look exactly the same two years ago except I’m skinner and look more mature.

I frown and pull off some faces before checking my face from left to right before winking at myself. It was stupid but funny.

I grab a hair brush and slowly made my way up to the root of my hair as I brush my hair from the tips.

I must have dazed off because the next thing I knew I’m calming my racing heart as I place a hand over my chest. And it was only because someone knocks on my door.

“Cherry, are you alright?” Alex said through the other side followed by a low whispering.

I frown and sprint to the door. I yank the door open catching Alex and Brian in surprise as they jump and snap their heads towards me.

I raise one eyebrow, amuse. “I am now.”

The two scowl at me but didn’t say anything as they stare at me or more likely my hair.

“You dyed it back?” Brian whispers not taking his eyes off my hair.

“I still think you look beautiful.” Alex said sincerely.

I blush, scowling. “Thanks.” I mumble before walking in my room. “Do you two need anything?” I ask plopping myself on my bed.

“Well, we just wanted to see if you’re alright. You seem to be pretty down when you came back.” Brian said, still staring at my hair. “Why did you dye it back?”

“Who cares, she still looks great!” Alex answered before kneeling in front of me earning a glare from Brian. “If you want to talk about it, I’m here.”

I nod my head and smile at Alex. “Thanks.”

Brian mumbles to himself that sounds like ‘suck up’ but I wasn’t sure as he continues to mumble in a low voice that even my sensitive ears can’t pick up on what he was saying.

Alex however, scowls at whatever Brian said before pushing himself up. “Dinner will be ready in minute or…” Alex smile down at me. “Do you want to eat here in your room?”

“Will you be bringing my food up?” I ask hopeful.

Alex let out a throaty laugh that seems to give me butterflies. “Sure.” He said with a wink. “I’ll go see if it’s ready.”

I nod and watch Alex leave my room. When he was out of my view I look up at Brian, only to see him glaring at the empty space at the door.

Clearing my throat, I watch as Brian looks at me with a softer expression but the pain was there.

Guilt soon settles in as I realise, I practically flirted with Alex while Brian was standing there. Then I reminded myself that I wasn’t seeing any of these boys.

“I need to talk to you about ‘us’.” I said quietly.

Brian’s looks at me like he seen a ghost, his face was as white as a sheet. “Okay.” He said, shakily.

I open my mouth only to be cut off by Alex. “I got our dinner!” He announce as soon he step inside my room. “I also got yours.” He said in distaste as he eyed Brian.

“Thanks.” Brian said with a nod.

I sigh and thank Alex for the food as he passes me my share.

The tension in my room left us in silence, creating an awkward silence. Time to time I’ll say something to lift the mood up but the two was like girl’s PMS-ing. After a few more try I gave up.

“Thanks.” I said one more time as I watch the two leave my room. They nod and close the door behind them.

I slam my head against my pillow and pull the covers over me with a contempt sigh. I wasn’t surprise when I find myself falling asleep straight away after all I was mentally exhausted.

The next day came with a bang, literally.

I jump out of my bed and bolted out of my room but not before slipping into my robe. “What the hell was that?” I ask Arvin who came out of his room the same time as me.

Arvin shrugs his shoulder as we sprint out of the pack house. I gasp as I watch a black of smoke rise up to the sky.

“The neighbouring town will see that smoke and they’re going to ask some questions.” I said, stern.

Arvin cuss and sprint to the source of the smoke. “What happened?” The twins said beside me, looking daze.

“I don’t know but Arvin is checking it now.” I said, biting the bottom of my lips. “We should get changed.”

Everyone who heard me nod their head even though I was only talking to the twins. Shrugging my shoulder, I turn around and sprint back to my room.

I grab jogging trousers and a plain top from yesterday’s shopping pile. Not bothering about my hair or make up, I grab a pair of socks and trainers before slipping them on.

Arvin, what happen? I ask to the mind link.

The hunter set off another explosion. No one is hurt but there’s a lot of damage done. He said, annoyed. Tell the others to come here as soon as they finish getting ready.

Okay, anything else?

Can you also bring me some change of clothes? He said and I can hear the frustration in his voice.

I’ll be there in about ten minutes. I said before cutting the mind link.

I rush to out of my room and inside Arvin’s and grab the first thing my eyes land on before sprinting to the kitchen where I grab a lot of cereal bar.

“Are you going to eat all that?” Brian asks eyeing the cereal bars.

I roll my eyes and sprint out of the pack house with Brian just behind me. Can you tell the others to come as soon as they’re ready?

Brian chuckles. I already did, princess.

Princess, my ass. I thought.

“There you are.” Arvin pops out of nowhere.

I let out a small squeals and jump away before glaring at a laughing Brian. “Not funny!” I hiss.

However, Arvin wasn’t amused. “Here.” I said passing him his clothes and a pair of his trainers.

Arvin thanked me and without warning he strip his clothes off and stood their in his glory.

My mouth drop open and my eyes went wide as I stare at Arvin in disbelieved while Brian chokes on his own saliva.