~ 09 ~

Re-cap

Good luck guys! I said to everyone through the mind link earning a groans. I stiff a giggle as I follow Mrs Kens.

When I heard the door click in place, my blood drained as I look at a very curious Mrs Kens. “You young lady are in big trouble!” She said in a hush voice.

~*~

I chuckle nervously at Mrs Kens you was giving me a playful glare. “I can’t believe you’ll run away like that without saying anything.” She scolds at me.

I roll my eyes and plop myself on third steps of the stairs. “I didn’t have time beside I was even thinking straight at that time.” I whisper.

Mrs Kens sigh and place a hand on top of mine. “But you know, I’m happy just knowing that you’re happy now.” I smile up to her as she continues, “You know I think you deserves someone better.” She said in a matter of fact voice.

I chuckle and shake my head. “But you know, I don’t like your new hair style.” Mrs Kens said in disgust.

I roll my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her making chuckle. “I bleach it the day I joint the Crescent pack. I sign that I’m moving on and going to change to someone better. I even change my name!”

“Oh, what are you called now?” She ask, disbelieve.

“Cherry, Cherry Ashton.” I said, proud.

Mrs Kens smile at me with a knowing look before it was replaced with a frown. “I know why you choose cherry but why Ashton?”

“Arvin’s parents adopted me when he brought me to his place.” I smile, remembering the past.

“Oh, did your parents know you’re back?”

I frown and shake my head. “That’s the thing Mrs Kens. No must know that I’m back and I really mean NO one.”

“You should at least let your parents know. They are worried sick and they been trying to look for you since you left.” Mrs Kens said with a hint of sadness.

“As much as I love my parent, they can’t know.” I gently grab Mrs Kens shoulder, forcing her to look up at me. “Not yet but I promise I tell them the truth but you have to promise not to tell a soul about me.”

Mrs Kens frown before hesitantly nods her head. “But you promise you’ll them.” I nod. “I guess I have no choice.” She sighs before getting up. “We should get some cooking done.”

I smile and nod my head before following her to the kitchen. We chat, well more like I was interrogate until Mr Kens comes home from his volunteering work.

Mrs Kens introduce me to her husband again but as Cherry. At first Mr Kens frowns at me and had his thinking looks on making me and Mrs Kens fidgets.

I didn’t realise I was holding my breath until Mr Kens smile warmly at me and said, “You reminds me of this girl that use to stop by at our house.” He looks up at the ceiling with a goofy smile. “She’s a bit chubby than you and have jet black hair but that girl got the most beautiful heart.”

I smile and felt really fluttered before looking at Mrs Kens, who gave me a loving smile.

“She’s like a daughter to me.” Mr Kens said before his smile was replaced with sadness. “But she left because of a blind foolish boy.”

My chest tightens not because of hearing my past but the sad expression Mr Kens has that seems to break my heart.

Mrs Kens looks at me with a pleading look. I shake my head and gave her the same broken heart expression. ‘I’m sorry’ I mouthed.

Mrs Kens runs to her husband side and told him reassuring words. Telling him that one day, when I’m ready I’ll come back.

Will I ever going to be ready? Do I even want to face my past? My mate who cruelly rejected me?

My thoughts drifts to every question I could possibly ask to myself knowing well that I knew the answer somewhere deep in me but how was I going to find it?