What I Left Behind- Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Blake's POV

"I don't know what's worse. Drew and Mitch crashing mine and Ethan's wedding night or the fact that you two idiots thought a spray tan this ugly was attractive." I said looking at Charlie and Ava as they entered my house that I had just moved into with Ethan last week.

"Sorry not sorry about it." Ava said walking to the living room and plopping down on a couch.

"I mean come on B. We were all really jealous that you went to Bora Bora for your honeymoon AND you were going to come back tan so... Ava and I wanted to be tan as well. We went to the beaches for a few days to only end up burnt so we decided this was it! Tell me you don't think we look hot?!" Charlie said jumping up and down.

"You don't look hot Char." I said looking at her mortified.

She looked like an unclassified shade of orange and it was disgusting.

Monroe started to bark at them.

"See? Even he doesn't like it." I said.

"Hater." Ava replied from the couch as she stuck her tongue out at Monroe.

I rolled my eyes.

"I love the new dig B. I literally thought I was pulling up to a Beverly Hills mansion when I drove up your driveway. Who the hell knew these houses existed in Auburn?" Charlie asked grabbing an apple and taking a bite.

"Wash it first idiot. And Ethan wanted a place near a lake and since Saint Costal Lake and Auburn Lake didn't have any houses we liked there, we looked at the lake outside and saw that there was a select number of houses such as these and we fell in love." I said sitting on a barstool.

"Only ten minutes away from muah so it's not that bad." Charlie said taking the seat beside me.

"And what about you missy? You planning on staying here the summer with your favorite cousin?" I ask her hopeful.

I loved Ava and I wished she'd make more visits from North Carolina more frequently.

"Maybe. I'm actually looking for a place out here. Auburn seems to have many opportunities for me and I'm over NC." Ava said walking into the kitchen.

"You know what?" I started to ask her.

"What?" She responded.

"I start working in August and the photographer for the magazine is going as well when my mom leaves with Rick so if you'd be interest-"

"You. Are not. Offering. Me. A job." Ava said breathless.

I smiled, "Maybe I am." I shrugged.

"No way. No flipping way!" She shouted.

I laughed, "Yes way."

She screamed and I laughed even harder.

"I'll get the paperwork for you in a few days and it'll all be set!" I said.

"Blake, thank you. Oh god, thank you! I have to find a place! I need to move! Crap I'm so excited." Ava said clapping her hands.

"Yay! More friends in Auburn for me!" Charlie shouted happily.

"Everyone but one." I said with my smile dropping.

Charlie's smile turned into a pout.

"What? Who isn't going to be here?" Ava asked confused.

I sighed, "Drew's still going to be at UVA next semester since he didn't hear from the NFL last year but he promised he'll come back every other weekend." I said.